I just got my APM two weeks ago.

Read though all the wiki and loaded the arducopter code 2.0.39 beta. It was the code which was available at that time through the mission planer.

Now the latest one is 2.0.40, at least that's what the mission plans says. When I try loading this code it works fine without any error messages. In fact only one warning at the beginning, that the eeprom format changed and I will loose all my data on the APM. I accepted it by proceeding

When I connect to the APM with the CLI after the code upload, the prompt still says: AC 2.0.39 beta, and not 40.

I do not think this is normal.
Anyone any hints what the problem could be?

I already tried erasing the eeprom and resetting it with the CLI. Makes no difference.

Thanks.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Developer

Hey Christoph,

Any questions feel free to ping me as well or post on the Traditional heli discussion.

Got your comment a couple of days ago about how the trad heli isn't as plug-and-play as the quad.  Not sure if it was Marianne's posts that got you worried - the majority of her issues were around her helicopter frame itself.  I'm starting to think about putting together a kit at least for the people using the standard trex450 and eventually a larger trex600 which might be a more popular long-term platform.

• 1) I was loading the ArduCopter traditional heli 2.0.42 code with MP 1.0.69

2) No. I was going directly in MP to terminal.

Connected to the board and then got the wrong prompt. Also tried to go to "setup" and erase or reset the eeprom. Did not help. Firmware always stayed at 2.0.39

With Arduino: I uploaded, when done clicked directly on the serial monitor and got the write prompt message with 42

Outside of this issue itself, you will first want to update Mission Planner manually to 1.0.68, the most current version. Do not use the built-in updater, as this will not work for you. The project was moved from Subversion to GIT, and so the version of MP you have does not update and does not see the new firmware.

You can download the new Mission Planner at http://code.google.com/p/ardupilot-mega/downloads/list

Give that a try first, and you will see 2.0.42 firmware. It has some important fixes that you will want. See how that works before spending too much time troubleshooting the issue you described. 

This reply was deleted.

Activity