Local Club/Activities Anyone Interested - Washington, DC area

Is there anyone in the Washington, DC are that is interested in starting a club or activities. I am new to the board, so this may be an "uninformed" question. (There may already be a club and/or local activities) I would, however, appreciate any ideas. Thanks

Views: 114

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I live in NOVA (Leesburg area) and would be interested in at least meeting up to talk with others in the DC area working on UAVs. Drop me a note.

Win
I am moving back to the NOVA area this summer. Would like to get together as well.

Jason
I'm in Haymarket.. Looks like we almost have enough to start a club.
I would like to be a member of this club! :-)
All, I have been working on starting a RC Park Flyer club in Northern Virginia. We are still working on obtaining a flying site but have our eye on a park in Ashburn, VA. Check our site it and feel free to join. There are no dues; though AMA Park Flyer ($30 per year) will be required to fly at the site when we get one.

www.potomacflyer.com

Thanks,

Jason
I thought that AMA didn't allow for UAV's operating in their clubs airspace...? (Just from listening to the podcasts, I might be wrong...)
Cheers.
Zak
I'd have to check the rules but I believe with a spotter you are fine if you stay in visual range.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2018   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service