Long Range Telemetry Assistance

Is there anyone on this forum who can assist us? We are looking to hire someone who can help us configure a long range telemetry solution; something like an RFD900x or Dragonlink with PixHawk for long range telemetry.

If you, or you know someone who can help, I would appreciate an email as we have failed to be able to get a system to work.

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Salem, OR

•       Thanks for the input and good advice. I have so many questions, it's good to have a place to find the answers. I have learned a lot in the last year, but I am still working on my first quad. So far, everything is turning out good. I still need to get the SIK radios to talk to each other. I've tried everything I've read and followed the instructions to the letter, but still, I get flashing green lights. I'm not trying to go long distance, I just want to get off the ground. I thought maybe I just got faulty radios and wonder if these are any better. This is a link at Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078B8P3GG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_...

Any suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

Robot Check
  • Hi Keith.

The short answer is - yes. RFD900x / 868x, and other units, can indeed be used for control as well as the usual telemetry. but as you say you are "new to this". So I suggest you learn to walk before you try to run!

you will find no better place for help on your journey than this forum.

Regards Lyn.

• Hello, my name is Keith

I am new to this and would like to know if long range telemetry can be used to control a quadcopter or is it just for viewing the settings. Any help is appreciated. 

• Hi Christopher,

Thank you for your rely and offer to help which I am very interested to explore.

Can you please advise where you are based as I need to make sure this will work logistically before I engage you, but from your response it seems it is a pretty basic thing to do once you know how to do it.

kind regards

Andrew

Christopher Leveck said:

I can probably help you. I have all the equipment you are talking about and some other solutions and various platforms to test different configurations on if you are interested....

I have gone out to 70 ish miles a couple of times, but routinely went 15-20 miles out and back with fixed wing both autonomous and with nervous thumbs.....that would be manual. I have had some autonomous flights turn into manual and a few unplanned Return to Base button presses.

You can pm me cwleveck at gmail dot you know the rest....

Christophera

Long Range Telemetry Assistance
    Is there anyone on this forum who can assist us? We are looking to hire someone who can help us configure a long range telemetry solution; something…
  • I can probably help you. I have all the equipment you are talking about and some other solutions and various platforms to test different configurations on if you are interested....

I have gone out to 70 ish miles a couple of times, but routinely went 15-20 miles out and back with fixed wing both autonomous and with nervous thumbs.....that would be manual. I have had some autonomous flights turn into manual and a few unplanned Return to Base button presses.

You can pm me cwleveck at gmail dot you know the rest....

Christopher

• I can help you out ! what exactly do you need ?

This reply was deleted.

Activity