I am looking for a bird like RC plane. This vehicle needs to be like a small hawk or smaller bird like a pigeon and must look very realistic. Prototypes which cannot fly very well, but can glide comfortably will do. Thankyou.

Views: 4154

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Are you looking for an ornithopter (flapping wings?) Do you need an anatomically correct airframe? I have noticed that flying wings can look very much like a soaring hawk at altitude. We have a custom built 7' wing span flying wing and I've had hawks come join me in thermals (almost hit one once, thankfully he had quicker evasive moves than I had.) From the ground they look and fly very similarly, especially when turning and soaring in thermals.
How about this and you paint the wings?

http://www.skyhighhobby.com/tag/slow-hawk
I am looking for something anatomically correct and ability to glide would be nice. If its unpowered its ok, we can add power later. The slow hawk is pretty good, I wonder how we can make it look almost like a real bird. Thats the most challenging task.
I am looking for something anatomically correct and ability to glide would be nice. If its unpowered its ok, we can add power later. The slow hawk is pretty good, I wonder how we can make it look almost like a real bird. Thats the most challenging task.
Print out parts of the bird you want (wings, tail, body, etc) on a color printer and tape or glue them on. Or get really good with an airbrush.
I am looking for a site I found once of a guy who builds just such airframes right down to control surfaces that work just like real wings. I will post when I find the link.
Thanks
Thats a pretty decent idea. I went to the Harvard Museum of Comparative Zoology and they have lots of bird books, I suppose I could scan the side view and wings but its going to be difficult. I can also try to take picture of real stuffed bird and then scale it and print it and cut it.
You can try searching here , there was post of flapping wing bird look alike while back( with auto pilot) , you need to see that to believe it. I am trying to remember the name and link , will post if I find it. It is there some where. there was video also of it in you tube.
Cool thanks I will contact them.
check this one. Check in you tube for key word like falcon , hawk or bird Rc or ornithoper. . I have seen it just can't find it right now. This was so realistic that I had to watch it few times to believe it. When you see it , you know you have found the right one. The only way I could distinguish it was when it lands :). It was from hobbiest from UK or some where around. I think he sells them in kit now. The video will show it flying near water channel or pond or some thing like it.
Some more 1, 2, 3
I found this on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-w0AKEc68XA

A little Googling should find the guy who made it or the plans, but it looks like an EPP kit.

*edit - another useful link.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1001372

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service