Looking for New Technology

Whats the latest and greatest new technology for UAVs being developed right now? I've been using UAVs for aerial videography for the past 2 years. It seems like the industry is constantly innovating, so much so that's it hard to keep track of. I wanted to start a thread where developers, manufactures and UAV enthusiast could post about new projects their working on or cool new tech they've seen. I know there's a lot going on in the way of sense and avoid tech, Lithium Carbon batteries, mini drones and 3D mapping seems to be getting easier. Please share things you find cool.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Oculus Rift Headtracking Demo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arvLm4DnMg8

• I am working on a blog post with an info-graphic detailing what I view as the ideal quadcopter of the future. I think the analogy of the PC applies here, we need to see more industry standards, mounting standards, connector standards, protocal language, etc... I am very interested to know what 3DR is working on as of late, as well as DroneDeploy. DJI has made some great 'innovations' such as the multirotor parachute, the HD video downlink among others. Very exciting stuff on the horizon!

• Standaradazation.. Now that's a big idea. I wonder what the industry will adapt and for what reasons. Perhaps FAA will have something to say on the matter.

• We're in early production or are developing the following systems:

1. 150 ft laser altimeter for auto take off, landing and terrain following.

2. 400 ft laser altimeter for FAA altitude limiting or terrain following close to FAA limits.

3. Scanning laser for "corridor" navigation between buildings (2D SLAM).

4. Static laser array for mast/wire detection and blade strike avoidance during low level maneuvering of 'copters.

• The static laser array is interesting.  Can you talk a bit more about that?  I have a feeling that laser arrays are going to be very useful when they get small enough.

• What size are these units? (what platforms?)

• Hi Eric.

The 400 ft static laser altimeter is 50mm x 50mm x 30mm and will work with both fixed-wing and multi-copter platforms. It is a variation on our SF10 model with additional signal processing.

We've got several designs for the scanning lasers that are not much bigger. The image shows the 'copter version whilst the fixed wing version is more aerodynamic.

3702665046?profile=original

• Drop us a note when you are ready to promote it. eric@uascareercentral.com   in the meantime if you have a company set up feel free to put in our director www.uascareercentral.com  (go to companies and add company). 

We are in contact with many custom builders and industrial inspection firms (mine sites etc) so it would be good to have a side chat.

Eric

プレイのしやすさが魅力的な飛田新地求人でしっかり稼ごう
          金欠でお金に困っているという女性は風俗の求人でとにかく稼ぎ、なんとかこの状況から抜け出していきたいという気持ちが強いかもしれません。ですが、ジャンルによっては期待していたほどに稼ぐことができないということで、しんどさを感じてしまうことがあり
    • That sounds like some awesome technology! Sense and avoid is the biggest obstacle to overcome for fully autonomous flight and NAS integration. It seems like you guys are making some big strides. Keep me posted on it's development I''ll help spread the word.

• Lithium Carbon batteries ? Appartement, you are the one who can enlighten us about new technology... :)
This reply was deleted.

Activity