Looking to build my first Quad/drone

Hey, new to for forum, I have been flying small RC helis, and a quad for a while now, and I think its time I upgrade to something bigger. I am leaning towards building my own drone, I live building things, and I am good with electronics. I really like taking photos of cars with my camera, and thats what inspired me to build a video drone. 

SO, what do I need. 

My main question is what flight controller do i want. I would like to be able to control the gimbal from the transmitter somehow. I would like the option for FPV, GPS, altitude hold and any other features that make it easier to fly. If I could get a similar experience to the 3DR solo that would be my goal. I dont mind if its not an easy controller to program the more customization the better in my opinion. Consoles dont scare me, my job is in programming. 

I figure I can think about what motors/frame i want after I pick a flight controller. 

Thanks, I am open to all comments.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Did you start the project?

• Hello,

If you are a newbie in the field of drone and  want to build your own quadcopter then, I'm sharing useful accessories list which is important during drone building  to you may be it will helpful for you

https://www.dronomag.com/6-drone-accessories/

This reply was deleted.

Activity