Lost Plane

Hello,

I finally managed to save up enough to upgraded to 2.5 and on my first test flight with it yesterday on RTL mode it flew over head for a bit and then took off. I followed it for a few km but lost it.

No idea how to put up the telemetry logs for everyone to look at but there is some screen shots below. I spent 4 hours last night and 3 this morning looking for it. I would like to know what happened really.

This is a close up of the last few minutes of flight before the signal stopped:

Here is a another pic to show you where it started.

Here's what I did:

I started out the flight on manual then switched into stabilize to see how its working. It seem to be doing a really good job. I flipped the switch to test RTL and it seem to be coming back and circle overhead then when i put it back in to manual again it started going crazy. It stopped responding to everything I was telling it to do. The telemetry log shows that it kept changing between stabilize, circle, RTL and then guided right at the end when i was trying to get it onto the golf course and away from everything

This is the field I fly in as its away from everything. Normal if any thing go's wrong it away from everything but this time it just took off. :-(

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Sorry for your loss from the heading it appears to be headed out to sea With the  5degree bank to the left it might have circled around and came down North of your " Guided marker ' What direction and how strong was the wind?  With any wind strength at all  the plane would be blown of it's heading eventually the wind correction angle would get so far out it couldn't compensate it would wind vane and try to get back to home and it might be right down wind from Home some where? Good luck

This reply was deleted.

Activity