I finally managed to save up enough to upgraded to 2.5 and on my first test flight with it yesterday on RTL mode it flew over head for a bit and then took off. I followed it for a few km but lost it.
No idea how to put up the telemetry logs for everyone to look at but there is some screen shots below. I spent 4 hours last night and 3 this morning looking for it. I would like to know what happened really.
This is a close up of the last few minutes of flight before the signal stopped:
Here is a another pic to show you where it started.
Here's what I did:
I started out the flight on manual then switched into stabilize to see how its working. It seem to be doing a really good job. I flipped the switch to test RTL and it seem to be coming back and circle overhead then when i put it back in to manual again it started going crazy. It stopped responding to everything I was telling it to do. The telemetry log shows that it kept changing between stabilize, circle, RTL and then guided right at the end when i was trying to get it onto the golf course and away from everything
This is the field I fly in as its away from everything. Normal if any thing go's wrong it away from everything but this time it just took off. :-(