Low cost hyperspectral imager

Hi,

Interested to see if there would be interest for a low cost hyperspectral imager (N bands) lightweight sub 300gr with a spatial resolution of 2-8 Mpixel per spectral band.

Projected unit cost would be $12,000 or less. We estimate to be able to produce 10 bands with a relatively narrow band at 20-50nm per spectral band.

Thanks

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Diego: Darius was removed from the forum because He was a troll, forgot his comments.
    Diego Garcia Cacho said:

Hi Darius,

can you point me towards a Light Hyperspectral Imager to start out, all the systems Ive researched have been above the 7000 price tag.

thanks!

Darius Jack said:

I have studied hyperspectral imager by NASA

and employed hyperspectral imaging analysis to detect faulty, low-performing PV solar panels on Solar Farms world-wide.

What can I suggest is to start from Light Hyperspectral Imager at $120

then move to Medium Hyperspectral Imager at $1,200

and finally move up and up with a price if market is already built and demand clear.

Do you know any demand for Light Hyperspectral Imager at $120 ?

darius 

manta103g@gmail.com

• Hi Darius,

can you point me towards a Light Hyperspectral Imager to start out, all the systems Ive researched have been above the 7000 price tag.

thanks!

Darius Jack said:

I have studied hyperspectral imager by NASA

and employed hyperspectral imaging analysis to detect faulty, low-performing PV solar panels on Solar Farms world-wide.

What can I suggest is to start from Light Hyperspectral Imager at $120

then move to Medium Hyperspectral Imager at $1,200

and finally move up and up with a price if market is already built and demand clear.

Do you know any demand for Light Hyperspectral Imager at $120 ?

darius 

manta103g@gmail.com

• Thanks Trias,

My experience is limited to spectroscope imaging affected by lower sensitivity so I can assure you, DIY spectroscopy cannot compete with hyperspectral imaging offered by Gamaya and others.

In theory spectroscopy imaging has no limits on number of channels

since recorded spectrum is continuous, pixelized on saving to a vector (one dimensional array) to match resolution of CCD array.

I am developing (DIY) spectroscope camera with built-in digital filters to process channels and image layers on-the-fly into real-time (live video) visualization (camera display) to progress with night vision.

Frankly speaking I was not aware of any public interest in multispectral camera.

• RaportUAS MD,

I am confusing nothing. DIY built spectroscope can act as multispectral camera

since 3D cubes are generated on-the-fly.

Ok, I would like to test micro hyperspectral sensor by Gamaya since technical data and specification are misssing.

All I need to know is sensor resolution ( clock frequency, optical lens resolution) 

- distance between 2 points on the ground remotely scanned by HSI from a drone.

For 100 micro bands we need 100Hz clock to control piezo in the interferomer to scan 100 bands ( for a single point).

Since micro HSI is hoovering over the ground at some speed, all I need to know is

if 1m (distance) resolution is a limit since at 1m/s speed (3.4km/h)

a distance of 1m is travelled within 1 second.

If you need to get points on the ground scanned every 10cm, so HSI should be clocked 1KHz (piezo)  or 10KHz at 34km/h speed.

Spectroscope as HSI has alike scan speed but I need higher sensivity sensors to work.

BTW

It looks like my original submission has been deleted :(

• For technical details please contact Gamaya directly. The link is available on the web. 

• Martin,

how much is your HSI camera for tests ?

I would like to perform a number of  r&d (conference) studies in Forensic Agronomy based on your HSI imager.

darius

manta103g@gmail.com

• For price and more detailed technical information contact Gamaya directly, sufficient information is already in the factsheet that is available on the web. The optical lens resolution is 5Mpx. We are currently not fabricating sensors in large quantities and all available systems are already with some selected drone manufactures for testing. I can let you know where it will be available for wide public. 

• Ok,

from factsheet 

"

Camera moduleMax frame rate16 fps16 fps16 fps30 fpsExposure time20 μs – 1 s20 μs – 1 s20 μs – 1 s20 μs – 20 ms"

==

How can it work if in case of 16 channels,

at frame rate 16 fps

your expsure time can be up to 1s

If exposure time is 1s so your frame rate is < 1 fps

not 16 fps as stated.

Could you kindly explain it to me ?

• All 16, 25 or 40 channels are taken during one exposition. Of course, if your exposition time is 1s, you cannot do 16fps, this is clear. 

• There is definitely a need for having a small and well performing HSI sensor. That is why we have developed micro hyperspectral sensors for UAVs.  We have been using a variety of platforms including 3DR Iris, senseFly eBee, Geoscan etc. to carry our hyp. cameras.

For more info please visit http://gamaya.com/

This reply was deleted.

Activity