Title says it all. I want to upgrade the antenna on my M8N Module. Can anyone recommend an antenna around the $100 mark. I am looking to reduce multipath interference while increasing positioning accuracy.

Views: 357

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You could see if adding a ground plane gives the improvement you're after. http://electronics.stackexchange.com/questions/150849/how-big-a-gro...
I use a disc of single sided pcb as a ground plane, but you could use copper tape, foil, or a pie tin
Awesome post man thanks. I could try and see what it gets. My only question is, while i know a 70mmx70mm square is not that large in cases where size is an issue what then. I could always purchase a reach setup but then again i dont need that level of accuracy. The main thing i am worried about is multipathing and signal loss flyaways due to multipathing because of incorrect positioning. I am planing on doing some flying around some tall buildings, dont want to hit anything or have the quad hit anyone.
Multipath in the "urban canyon" is a real challenge. A ground plane helps, and there is a setting in U-Centre that limits the minimum angle above the horizon for a satellite to be accepted (I can't remember the specific param, but google probably knows).

SO i am thinking this. To add a ground plane I could just use a piece of PCB and attach it to the top of my GPS puck. Drill a hole in the center of it and run wire through it. Solder sleeve to ground plane. Is this the correct thinking here?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Season Two of the Trust Time Trial (T3) Contest 
A list of all T3 contests is here. The current round, the Vertical Horizontal one, is here

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service