Replies

• Thank you Paul. Weight of the batteries is a little over 25 pounds and flight time is limited to just several minutes. We build this model as a technology demonstrator. We learned a lot in the process and are using that for our new prototype that should be superior in every aspect. At the moment we're finishing the build of a scale model of that prototype.

• Congratulation, you have done an amazing job. May I ask the weight with batteries and how long can you fly at the moment ?

• For those interested in our endeavor, we now have website as well as some more videos. 

Video of our first manned flight

There is a lot of knowledge at readers at DIYDrones. I'm looking forward to you comments.

http://Sky-Hopper.com/
  • Hello Jim,

I'm very interested to learn more. In fact, I'm developing such an aircraft right now in The Netherlands. We call our initiative Sky-Hopper.

Regards,

Peter

• Interesting Peter, 

Do you have a website or more info on where you are at?

Cheers,

• Hello Jim,

No website yet. I do maintain a facebook page where I also follow fellow manned multicopter initiatives.

I also posted a link to a testflight with one of our Proof of Concept. The POC uses the same motor/prop combination that we'll use in our manned technology demonstrator that we aim to fly later this year.

This PoC you see flying has a maximum lift of 54 kg.

What your own plans? Where are you at? Did you attract some follow enthousiast? What is your own background you can use to build such an craft?

Link to PoC video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XShhmu3lrI

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sky-Hopper/1856511447908122?ref=hl

Regards,

Peter

• I'm new to multicopter drones,but the design that makes most sense,would be to have a small pod,single seat,with the rotors,motors or motor,flight control etc on top of the pilot.Designed in such a way as to make removal for service,just a matter of a few connectors[bolts,1/4 turn,etc] It also allows the use of a ballistic chute.A single motor,with pitch control on all four rotors or 4 or more motors ,which would allow the flight to be controlled by motor speed.Single or dual stick,gyro,etc.I believe there will be a huge market for small single seat multicopters in a few years.Keeping the weight down [Ultralight],keeps them out of all the regulations,which would hurt the market and add too much cost..I can see lots of uses for a small manned multicopter.

WHAT do you mean "manned drone"  ?

That doesn't make any sense.

Quite a conundrum actually.

• Apologies for the miss use of terminology. 

Drone technology (and others) but manned and unmanned.

So yes a completely new type/concept of aircraft.

Would love to hear everyones passions and skill sets on potentially collaborating.

Cheers,

• Manned Drone? Isn't that just called an aircraft?

I'm intrigued. Tell us more.

This reply was deleted.

Activity