I am pretty new at working with quadcopters and the ArduPilot software.  A couple days ago, I was able to connect to my ArduPilot completely fine (though I never was able to connect with the transmitter.  Now when I try to connect with exactly the same setup, the connection times out  I have had multiple other times where the connection just fails, and doesn't even go to timeout.  Is there anything I need to do?  I've installed the mission planner software several times and have installed the firmware many times.  I don't know how to continue troubleshooting this.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  I'm having a heck of a time with this. Thanks for your help.  

Views: 893

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would like to add one more piece of information.  Sometimes when I try to connect to the Ardupilot, it successfully goes through the timeout process and starts checking the params.  Then it will get stuck on one of them and timeout.  Don't know if this makes my problem worse or not.  

Yep Got same problem here.

Is there a Hardware Reset ?  (aside from the obvious)

I'm not sure.  I've read up on this issue and most people have noticed that it is a hardware issue.  I bought my APM from Sparkfun and it might have been damaged during shipping or something.  I'm contacting them about a replacement, but I might end up getting the $25 dollar Ardupilot just to test whether it is the board and not anything else.  Let me know if you find anything.

Me too Listening for answers.

So it turns out that Sparkfun sells the 1.0 version of this.  This might be why its not working.  They will be discontinuing the product.  Probably should buy the 3DR version.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Season Two of the Trust Time Trial (T3) Contest 
A list of all T3 contests is here. The current round, the Vertical Horizontal one, is here

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service