mavlink & matlab

So after some searching I haven't found much for using Matlab with mavlink.  There is an active project using simulink but that isn't a whole lot of use to me.  So I have started working on writing a matlab project that can receive and display mavlink data.

The way the current project works is it reads the mavlink common.xml definitions file and automatically creates a set of global variables and a parser script that can be used to process a binary mavlink stream.  Currently it has an issue where it does not interpret the mav_state and mav_mode values correctly, probably due to the masking involved.

The project link is here:  https://bitbucket.org/davidgitz/mavlink_matlab  If anyone would like to contribute let me know!  This is all OSHW so feel free to use in your projects.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hello

I am trying to connect Simulink and Mission Planner. i have been successful in creating a UDP connection and i am receiving the Mavlink messages in Simulink model. Now i wanted to send back the commands from Simulink  to MP.  Does anyone know what settings are required in Mission Planner to receive Mavlink messages from Simulink?

• Hi, can I know which is the tool? I can't seem to find it on your account, thanks.

Mohamed Abdelkader Zahana said:

Hi, all,

Soon, I will be releasing the first version of  my tool which I named MATMAV. It's designed to work with Pixhawk loaded with PX4 Firmware, which I personally prefer for development. Basically, it's a MATLAB interface module for MAVLink that can work on Mac and Windows. It will support most of mavlink messages In other words, receiving and decoding mavlink messages as well as sending mavlink messages which can involve offboard commands, for example to apply high level commands from Matlab to the drone in real-time. The first release will include a Matlab command based function and an optional basic GUI for basic interfacing commands. Future releases will hopefully include a Simulink compatibility and more interactive GUI.

This will be published on my Mathworks File Exchange account, so stay tuned!!

• Hi, all,

Soon, I will be releasing the first version of  my tool which I named MATMAV. It's designed to work with Pixhawk loaded with PX4 Firmware, which I personally prefer for development. Basically, it's a MATLAB interface module for MAVLink that can work on Mac and Windows. It will support most of mavlink messages In other words, receiving and decoding mavlink messages as well as sending mavlink messages which can involve offboard commands, for example to apply high level commands from Matlab to the drone in real-time. The first release will include a Matlab command based function and an optional basic GUI for basic interfacing commands. Future releases will hopefully include a Simulink compatibility and more interactive GUI.

This will be published on my Mathworks File Exchange account, so stay tuned!!

• Are you able to run your matlab code on APM2.5?? Is it giving any response?? Today I started working on mex matlab and mavlink. If you have any detailed description for how to proceed to use mex matlab and mavlink then please mail me. My Id is ravi.kishore674@gmail.com

Thanks.

• hello

my friend is also working on connecting matlab to APM 2.5 through mavlink but we have problem arming it

do you have any idea how we can do it with the help of mex matlab and mavlink

what command should we use?

thank you so much

• please provide a read me file, I tried to access APM2.5 information into matlab by using the code in your link but I failed several times.

This reply was deleted.

Activity