Developer

MAVProxy documentation effort !

Please be advised that MAVProxy now has a "homepage" and initial documentation effort. 

If you can add to the documentation please do.    If you find a mistake, please fix it.      If you want to complain about how poor it is to start with, I'll listen to your complaints only after you've edited more on that subject that I have.   :-)

Buzz.

I am not an author of mavproxy, but am doing this with the primary author's support, (Tridge)

It is located here: http://qgroundcontrol.org/mavlink/mavproxy_startpage

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi,

Hopefully you can help me.  I've tried going through and studying the documentation, but still don't know where to go.  I'm trying to use mavproxy to build a ground station similar to Mission Planner.  However, I don't need all the GUI's.  I just need to be able to send commands from Python directly to the vehicle.

I've seen on the documentation, that there are several commands for loading waypoints, parameters, etc. but when I've typed those in the Python Shell, they haven't worked (Python doesn't recognize some of the words in the commands).  I basically want to know is there something I'm missing?  Do I need to run something or import something before executing the commands?  I imported mavproxy library before doing so.

Also, is there a list of all commands or capabilities that mavproxy allows? 

When trying to load waypoints, it shows that I must load the waypoints in the form of a .txt file.  How should I write the .txt file in order for Python to be able to read the waypoints?

Thanks!

• Developer

mavproxy.py is an application not a python library.   It's main CLI interface is exactly what you are looking for. 

This reply was deleted.

Activity