Maximum Flight Times

I am looking to build a quad copter of some sort and use the ArduPilot Mega to control it with.  This copter will be used to fly and monitor a location for a set amount of time while transmitting live video back the the ground station.  What is the maximum flight time people have been seeing?  What is the best combination of hardware to achieve the necessary lift for the copter, camera and transmitters all while giving the best/longest flight time?  I realize several things are factors but as I am new to this I am trying to just get ideas on where to start.  Think of my budget as being around 5k USD to construct the entire project.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• How about checking out  lots blog? Quad 4 to 8 hour duration? Scroll down the blogs  until you find it  4 to 8 hours duration 50 lb payload  100 mile range @ 4,000 feet Have a laugh then come back to reality Good luck with your project and have a nice day! I like the Pole camera Gary!

I have modified my quad and its available for half a million USD, limitless endurance, I have called it the pole copter.

For decent video and endurance you won't be spending less than $20,000

You could always tether a system though, but again a pole is just as good.

• Hi, from the wiki, using the "stock" kit setup

> Average flight times: 3S 2200mAh LiPo 9-10 mins, 3S 2650mAh LiPo and 300gr camera 9-10mins

http://code.google.com/p/arducopter/wiki/ArduCopter_QuadIntroduction

thats pretty accurate from my observations, with a small keychain camera onboard.
This reply was deleted.

Activity