MediaTek GPS - Blue LED Lock, No-Lock IMU RED (C) LED

All:

This issue seems to be prevalent across the forum so I ponder if a FAQ or some steps to sort through this issue. I bought a new MediaTek GPS from the DIYDRONES store. My thought was this thing should be ready to go and plug in. Anything that ships would have whatever latest firmware needed especially for a part such as this.

Anyway, whether this is firmware related or not I do not know as I have not fully exhausted all analysis. I wanted to post a fresh thread that made it clear what the symptoms were so that others could lend advice, solution, or plausible explanation for others who are having this issue as well.

The issue is as follows:

I have the AdruPilot Mega board and the ArduPioletMega IMU Rev-H. The boards are mated as per all instructions and the MTEK GPS connected. I power up via USB, load the software and check things out in CLI mode. Likewise, have tested the other sensors with the Calibration tool.

What I noticed is that the GPS blue LED locks. However, the RED LED (C) never flickers, never locks. I also noticed that GPS data when I run some other coded test I snubbed in report all zeros (0).

Can someone tell me what is the logical next step to get this issue resolved or do I just send the GPS back and request a new one. I assume it is working and that the issue is in the communications between the GPS and ArduPilot Mega board.

Is there new firmware that for some reason is not on the GPS boards being shipped from DIYDRONES?

Thanks in advance for any input and steps to resolve. I am certain others can benefit from a definitive solution as well.

GH

Views: 1011

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Not to go into huge detail, but what steps did you perform for the upgrade?

Did you use a FTDI cable direct to the MTK?

I followed the description in the ArduPirates wiki here:

http://code.google.com/p/ardupirates/wiki/Reload_MTek

I actually updated the wiki page with my solution of using a cable instead of soldering pins to the GPS board.

Dror

Did you select the correct firmware? There are two firmware binaries in the zip file --  1.4 and 1.6. The procedure in the MediaTek_Programming.pdf document points to the 1.4 firmware.

I don't rememeber the exact filename on the newest one, but it's the one in the 1.6 folder.

I must have chosen the wrong firmware. I will try again.

Dror

AXN1.30_2278 (blah blah).bin is v1.4

AXN1.30_2389 (blah blah).bin is v1.6

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service