Microdrones claims 60 min of flight time for a Quadcopter ?

This must be the best sell pitch ever or just their fantasy.
But still, if somebody can come up with a formula ( battery size , prop size,
motor ) to get at less 50% of that it would be great .

This are the specs for the MD4-1000 from the MicroDrones
Empty weight 2650g
Max payload weight 1200g
Take-off weight ~5500g
Size 102cm rotoraxis-rotoraxis
Flight duration up to 60 min
Operating distance up to 2000m
Battery cell LiPo 9000, 18000 or 27000 mAh   
Wind tolerance 12 m/s

Views: 27935

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

@ Maximus  I'd like to be spinning 15-20in carbon props with whatever motor I decide on.  I'd also prefer to do this on a higher voltage setup (eg 6s).  Do you think your 390kv will do that?  Have you tried any larger carbon props?

Hi Brian, 15 and 20 inches are not the same size !!!

kv 390 with 15" and 6S, no problem.

for 20", I think that my "lext" motor will fit...but I have to make minimum set of 20 pcs !(

subscription ! subscription ! 100$ only for 24 poles powerfull brushless motors !!

I'd be in for 5-10 motors.  Can you give me the rough specs?

We have been working almost 6 months in jDrones with these big disk motors. There has been done a lot of testings with different materials and kv values and we are happy to inform that our optimized motors will be available in 2-3 weeks. 

Result have been great and we have tested them with 10, 12, 15" propellers for far. 13-15" will be best for these type motors.

Just some results:

15" CF propeller, 560gr thrust and only 3.7Amp. So with 22Amp you can hover 3.4 Kgs roughly on Hexa. On Quad it would be 2.2Kg and 15Amps.

he he, I know this motors :)

Yes that test motor was from iFlight. I been on their factory and know all the girls there :)

We also have KDA, Turnigy, HXT, RCTimer, AXi, MK, Tiger, Align, Scorpio and many other motors.....  As then we can easily test motors against all those.

We are directly working with 7 different motor manufacturers and I know all them personally so we have really good relationship on personal, manufacturing, QA and other issues. And as we are located in Asia, it's really easy and fast for me to visit these companies and alter their production lines for our needs. 

In generally all our motors are based on some default setup. We test them a lot and find what is best to start work with, after that we change several things inside motors until they work as we want them to work.

In our office I think we have over 200 different basic motors from different providers. 

Like I always joke that in our office we have permanent North on one corner due 200kg's of Rare earth magnets. So no compass calibrations inside my office :)

Why shafts ??

There should be direct, solid prop adapters, noshafts that are prone to bending.

Actually you mount props directly to disk with 2 small screws. It highly depends on the propeller what you use. But yes we are looking to have separate prop mount too for those. 

neat ! -. that's what I've been waiting for for a long time.

He he... girls from Iflight :)

Jani, I'm curious if those motors might be useful in a helicopter application?  How many Volts and watts are they capable of? It might allow direct drive on a 450 size heli, or less gear reduction on a larger heli.

It would be interesting to maybe build a 450 heli with this on the main shaft with no gear reduction, and then use a small motor on the tail, direct.  

Probably doesn't make any sense, but it's just a neat idea.

yes, but it's one thing to test it with no wind and with ground pressure at low altitude - and even stripped off landing gear  - those people sell these numbers right beside promises of big payload or strong wind resistance.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service