Hi all !

I need help about my MinimOSD freshly unpacked.

I've triple checked the cabling and I don't know why I've just a black image on my screen.
There is a suspicious comportement when I power on the system. I explain how it happens:
1. Connect correctly the Vin/Vout/RX/BLK between APM, MinimOSD and video transmitter 
2. Power on the APM 
3. Connect the battery balance connector 12V to the MinimOSD  

At point 2, the ST led (orange) blink and the D PWR (red) led power on and still.  
When I do the point 3, the ST led shut off and the A PWR led power on and still. 
After that, I just have a black screen... It's weird because the system worked at least once!  
The firmware is up to date and I use a XBee but I've not connected the TX port on the minimOSD.

What's wrong ? Someone can help me ?

Thanks in advance ;-)

Jerome

Views: 32198

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

left unmodified, the MinmumOSD requires the 12v on the camera side as well. you can modify it to run fully off the 5V however. http://hoogvlieger.wordpress.com/2013/11/01/rctimer-minimosd-5v-mod/

Mine is a bit different from rctimer's minimosd.  Still need the mod? 

Yes, same design, with slight differenced. Either run 12v tot he camara side pin from your 3S, or follow the instructions above, and cut the trace to the proper pin, and wire in the 5V from the other side, along with ground. 

At step 5, when you connect the Lipo with the balance connector, the analog part of OSD will be powered by the OSD regulator. Because the two solder tabs are bridged, this will also power the digital OSD part, AND the APM, AND the power module, and the ESC's ! This is too much consumption for the voltage regulator of the OSD -> it fries

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service