MinimOSD board have a thermal cut-out?

Hi,

Just a quick question or two please... does the latest Minimosd board contain a thermal cut-out please?

Does it require a signal from the video camera to operate?

I am having a lot of issues with my overlay coming and going, am trying to work out why, seems to get pretty warm at times.

Have tried various power setups, but even with a separate 12V battery (to analogue part of board and camera/video tx), find I am still losing the overlay - overlay works fine on the ground, even with full power, but as soon as I launch, the overlay disappears after about 20secs. I land, press reset, overlay is back, but then same problem.

(I earlier tried connecting the jumpers, tying the analogue/digital board parts, powering the board with the 5V from APM2.5, but as soon as I opened the throttle, the overlay 'static'ed and disappeared completely after 15% throttle. Form the reading I've done so far, this is a common problem, so I'm not surprised.)

I have been seeking (and receiving!) help on the minimosd extra forum, so the full description of my issues is on there if anyone interested. :)

Any help gratefully received! :)

Thanks,

Ian

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I know, this thread is really old, but I suffered from the same problems.

I managed to get rid of this problem, so I want to share my solution.

The APM has a very poor 5V output to the telemetry port without any filter. You can see, that there is noise with +-0.2V, that causes crashes of the digital part. Especially when the motors add noise to the powerline.

Noise from APM:

3701883235?profile=original

So I build a seperate sbec with an LC-Filter to power the minimOSD:

3701883079?profile=original

This looks much better:

3701883001?profile=originalSo I cutted the 5V line from the APM and hooked the minimOSD to that powersource with common ground.

Now, my minimOSD runs stable.

• Have you considered the RF current induced in video in /out wires? I had some OSD issues every time i flew near RF towers. Once even the gimball I2C bus froze. Both have in common long wires.

• Same problem Osd stops working after giving to much throttle or using bigger props.

This reply was deleted.

Activity