I'm working on a project where we are attempting to transmit a warning on 5.8GHz when a drone enters a restricted airspace, and figured there has to be  an easy way to implement MinimOSD or similar. The current through it to just hook up a camera with the lens cap on, and overlay a warning message such as "WARNING - RESTRICTED AREA" that would flash momentarily.

I'd like to try and change the "no data" so that I don't need to fake some telemetry to get it to work, but am utterly lost as to where to find that or how to do it.

Thoughts.... Suggestions... Offers to make the change for a fee?

Thanks

Chris

Views: 302

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It looks like the print command to display "No Input Data!" while the OSD is waiting for heartbeat packets is configured on line 1460 of the Panels.h file in the MinimOSD Arduino source code (I'm looking at the Pixhawk/APM version by NightGhost linked here: http://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-minim-osd-quick-installatio...).

I don't have access to my MinimOSD at the moment and this is the first time I'm looking at the code, so this is entirely a stab without the ability to debug.

Replace:

OSD::setPanel(5,3);
osd_printi_1(PSTR("No input data! %u|"),seconds - lastMavSeconds);

With:

OSD::setPanel(1,7); //starting character grid position (2, 8)
osd_printi_1(PSTR("WARNING - RESTRICTED AREA!"));

There's probably more required but I won't be able to test until I can flash to an actual chip.

Good luck!

Chris,

Not sure if this will help, but I spent a few minutes screwing around with the code and made a version of the firmware that ONLY displays "WARNING - RESTRICTED AREA!" in the center of the screen. That's it, it does nothing else!

Here's the steps to get it on the MinimOSD:

1. Download everything from https://github.com/night-ghost/minimosd-extra/blob/master/osd_lates...
2. Launch the OSD_Config.exe program and select the appropriate COM port for your OSD - if you get a message about EEPROM, click OK
(3-6 are optional if you've already loaded the normal firmware and updated the CharSet. You cannot update the CharSet using my modified firmware)
3. Choose "Options" > "Update Firmware"
4. Pick one of the firmware files from the FW_+_Char folder and load the firmware
5. After you see the upload was successful, Choose "Options" > "Update CharSet..."
6. Pick the most recent CharSet file and upload the file

7. Choose "Options" > "Update Firmware"
8. Choose my custom HEX file and load the firmware
9. You should see "Firmware Written Successfully"

The only thing your OSD will do now is display "WARNING - RESTRICTED AREA!" on the main screen.
You can go back to the fully functioning firmware at any time.

Attachments:

WOW, Thanks John!

That's actually all i wanted. I don't have my OSD with me right now, but i'll try it out first thing on monday morning. I can't thank you enough for doing this!

Chris

John R said:

Chris,

Not sure if this will help, but I spent a few minutes screwing around with the code and made a version of the firmware that ONLY displays "WARNING - RESTRICTED AREA!" in the center of the screen. That's it, it does nothing else!

Here's the steps to get it on the MinimOSD:

1. Download everything from https://github.com/night-ghost/minimosd-extra/blob/master/osd_lates...
2. Launch the OSD_Config.exe program and select the appropriate COM port for your OSD - if you get a message about EEPROM, click OK
(3-6 are optional if you've already loaded the normal firmware and updated the CharSet. You cannot update the CharSet using my modified firmware)
3. Choose "Options" > "Update Firmware"
4. Pick one of the firmware files from the FW_+_Char folder and load the firmware
5. After you see the upload was successful, Choose "Options" > "Update CharSet..."
6. Pick the most recent CharSet file and upload the file

7. Choose "Options" > "Update Firmware"
8. Choose my custom HEX file and load the firmware
9. You should see "Firmware Written Successfully"

The only thing your OSD will do now is display "WARNING - RESTRICTED AREA!" on the main screen.
You can go back to the fully functioning firmware at any time.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2018   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service