Mission planner feature Request

@Michael O

From THIS conversation,

Would it be possible for you to put human friendly times accross the top of the dataflash graphs? Please leave the line numbers there.

While I am at it , could you please make it so that when you move your mouse cursor across the graph, the tip of the cursor displays a crosshair accross the comple witdh and height of the graph, to make it easier to read of line numbers and values..

thanx!

Wessie

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Developer

Gentlemen, this is a very old list. Feature requests are now being tracked at https://github.com/ArduPilot/MissionPlanner/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3...

Please repost.

Thank you

ArduPilot/MissionPlanner
    Mission Planner Ground Control Station (c# .net). Contribute to ArduPilot/MissionPlanner development by creating an account on GitHub.
  • And also a command-line startup of MP where i at least can wait for UDP 14550 and fullscreen :)

• Three items:

When a heartbeat is not received after 'x' seconds, Mission Planner would try to reconnect using a different protocol (from a user-defined list).

Mission Planner sets a flag when the program is first booted, and loads all parameters when it CONNECTs, then clears the flag and stores the SYSID.  After that, if a re-connect is requested and the flag is cleared and the SYSID has not changed, MP would not download all parameters.  This goes with my first request and would prevent a complete reload of parameters after redundant communication had been established.

Another protocol - SSH, should be added to tcp, udp and udpcl.   The use of SSH adds security to the connection without going through a proxy or dealing with port forwarding.

• Per the wiki on http://copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/flight-modes/simpleandsuper-simple... :

Use a 3 position switch to select Normal, Simple or Super Simple Mode
    A two position switch will select between Normal and either Simple or Super Simple operation as illustrated below.
    * In Mission Planner select either channel 7 or channel 8 and then select either “Simple Mode” or “Super Simple Mode”.
    Warning! The 3 Position Switch Option will not be available until version 3.1 of the Arducopter firmware.
    * A 3 position switch connected to either Ch7 or Ch8 will select between Normal, Simple and Super Simple Modes.

If possible, I'd like to have MP vocalize when the 2 or 3 position switch changes the mode.  Having it display in the HUD would also help a lot.

TIA,

Rick

• I've been using the MP for a long time now.  The majority of my field use is on a CF-19 toughbook which has a maximum resolution of 1024x768.  This works well most of the time but due the to its low resolution some of MPs functions are clipped off the screen including the COM port selection box.  This means I can't change my connection method from one port to another (or even select auto).  This has been a problem when I've needed to reflash in the field.

I have tried un-maximizing the window and then resizing it by placing part of it off screen and increasing its width in an effort to gain access to the hidden controls but MP appears not to allow you to resize its window any bigger than the screen resolution.

I'm sure all the functionality used to be available on a 1024x768 window but somewhere along the upgrade path its been lost. This is  a blocker for using MP at lower resolutions.

Is there any chance of getting this fixed or even having a config setting somewhere where we can temporarily alter the MP resolution if we need to change settings?  I'm sure I'm not the only one using a smaller, more portable device.

Many thanks and great work.

JC

• Was anyone able to solve the issue with the screen resolution? I loaded MP on a Toughbook CF-30 and the screen fit 1024 x 768. I don't know how or why, but I have the same issue as Jon C. 

• Developer

change your font size in control panel back to normal (100%)

• Thanks, that solved the problem.

• @Michael,

Failsafe with low battery Limit is difficult, because: Flat discharge courve, variying with current consumption 3692827027?profile=original. RTH could be to early or to late. (Red line in the Picture)

My Proposition: Selectable remaining battery capacity i.e. 30% to start failafe . This variable does already exist and the calculation of mAh with the power module is verry accurate (+-2%)

Kind regards, Otto

• Is there a way to increase altitude of all waypoint while it is flying in Auto mode?

This reply was deleted.

Activity