Mission Planner "Get params 12"

Hello. I am running MP 1.3.43 and Pixhawk hardware with 3.7.1 firmware.Tonight I had an experience that has not happened before. I was previously running MP 1.3.42 and same Pixhawk 3.7.1 firmware, and when connecting via telemetry radio I get the message "Getting Params 1" in a pop up window. As soon as that operation successfully completed the screen refreshed and all of a sudden a new pop up window appeared with the message "Getting params 12" and it stays there forever unless you press the cancel button, and then the screen refreshes, you are connected and everything works fine from that point forward. I have also tried connecting over USB and got the same results. I noticed there was a MP 1.3.43 update available so I updated and tried connecting again via USB and also telemetry radio, and got the same results. This has never happened to me before, so I'm wondering if I have a setting that's been changed incorrectly or if this is a bug. I've never seen the message "Getting params 12" before, so either it never does that or it goes by so quickly I have missed it. The only other thing I have updated besides MP is my minimosd_extra screen settings. Any assistance is appreciated. If I have placed this post in the wrong forum plz let me know. ThxRegardsMike

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• If anyone is still having this issue, it appears to be fixed by updating minimosd-extra firmware to version 927 or above. The changelog for v927 says:

• "fixed bug with "Reading param 12" in MP

Hopefully this is helpful as I was getting quite confused by the issue.

-Greg

• I am late to the party but I am also having the same issue.Everything was working fine until my old osd stopped working and I replaced it with a micro minimosd.I have tried switching the Tx and Rx wires since that seems to always cause me problems but the only thing that does is it either gets stuck on param 12 or if I switch the wires it doesn't connect at all and times out.

• Same behaviour.

I've also a minimOSD connected.

Any solution to solve the issue?

Pascal

• Hello, same behaviour.

Do you have the solution ?

• I have the same problem, " "Getting Params 1" in a pop up window. As soon as that operation successfully completed the screen refreshed and all of a sudden a new pop up window appeared with the message "Getting params 12" and it stays there forever unless you press the cancel button,"

When I remove the Minimosd from Pixhawk telemetry #2 port there is no problem loading when connected to USB.

MORE information.

1) With the OSD connected I do not have a problem loading Parameters with telemetry (no USB connections)

2) If I connect to QGroundcontrol with USB the same thing happens, "Getting params 12" goes on forever. I hit cancel and go into QGroundcontrol software.  The interesting thing is, there is a section that shows Vehicle #1 and Vehicle # 12. Vehicle #1 shows all the parameters (params 1). Vehicle # 12 show no parameters.

• Yes, I am seeing the same thing.  I am setting up a Pixhawk and it was fine until I added the Minimosd.  Now, I get the "Getting Params 12" at the end of the load.  If I disconnect the OSD it works again so it was related somehow.

• You might try posting to
    http://discuss.ardupilot.org/c/ground-control-software
This reply was deleted.

Activity