Hi,

I would be very grateful if someone could help me with this.  Since about 3 weeks ago the Mission Planner will not load any tiles below a viewing altitude of about 100km, this is not very useful for mission planning. 

Before then I had excellent images of our property but now I can't zoom in on anything within a ~50km radius of where I live.

- Google Earth loads high resolution maps of the area perfectly, even after deleting all caches

- Mission Planner has been installed on 3 computers including a fresh install yesterday but none work

- I get the error message on each tile

"Exception: the remote server returned an error: (404) not found. We are sorry, but we don't have imagery at this zoom level for this region."

- My location is Latitude -41.809567° Longitude 173.863912°

- Mission Planner loads other areas at a high resolution without any errors

If someone could maybe try these co ordinates in their Mission Planner that would be great thanks!

Tom

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

•  have not tried re installing the msi versionI.  I'll stick with the zipped version for now.

• I had the exact same problem.

As I was troubleshooting the issue I unplugged the USB hard drive from my laptop. Everything started to work.

Looking back, everything was working for weeks and then I plugged the USB hard drive into the laptop. It was from that point on I could not scale up or down (load images) by rolling the mouse wheel (a USB mouse).

• Did you ever get maps to working It worked fine for me a month ago now it shows nothing or I cant zoom in any fix for this

• I had this problem, but found a backup of my system before it happened.

Extracted the two files I needed. Attached

Unzip, and Place the two files in the  Program files\Mission Planner\GMAPCACHE folder.

https://db.tt/LCZ7qWDj

Start Mission Planner

• it updated a wile ago now it works fine

• I don't know if you guys still need this information but I know how hard information can be to find when using Walkera products. Everything is a learning process. Here's how you load the maps in Mission Planner, regardless of the version.

First you must right click and select Plan a Mission this will give you the ability to make changes.

On the right hand side you can select the type of maps you want to use, if you select Google maps (non satellite) it will bring up the whole world and you can move it to your area of the globe. Then change back to Google maps satellite and follow the instructions below: (Hope this helps, good luck and safe flying!)

To pre-fetch maps in Mission Planner:
    On the Flight Plan screen, zoom to the area of your flying location. (To select a specific area, hold the ALT key and draw a box over the area.) Right-click on the map, select Map Tool and Prefetch, and accept the defaults prompts. Mission Planner will load the map data for your location; this can take up to a few hours. (Mission Planner will load all zoom level from the current level through the most detailed. Press the ESC key to skip the more detailed zoom levels and speed up the prefetching process.)

• Hey folks,

i got the same problem, but for me works just the 1.2.84 update fine..

But now, i have the same problem with the new apmplanner 2.0 (rc3) version.

The difference is, that there appears no error message, there is only the message '21 tiles to load', but nothing happened at all.

Any ideas on that?

greetz

• I've got the same problem here today with 1.2.88. This happened without any obvious change on my computer (maybe with few windows 7 updates). 1.2.88 worked well before (and I even had preloaded the map) . After my friends told me he can't load the map, I renamed the preload folder and found the map can't load anymore. (The preload file still do work)
    I've tried update the mission planner to newest version or beta still with same issue.

The symptom are shown below

1. Unable to load under certain zoom

3692902374?profile=original

2.Shiwing low level tiles zoom out

3692902539?profile=original

3. Partially work and else not

3692902395?profile=original

• Do you have old mission planner and new version both installed on same machine? im also having this problem and i think might be related to multiple apms versions installed, any hint?

• I'm having the same issue. First I had to download the zip because my regular copy stopped opening. An error came up right after booting but I don't remember what it said. First time that ever happened but I figured something must have gotten corrupted. So I downloaded the zip and it's not loading the maps for my local area. I can zoom way out and most far out zoom levels work with the exception of the farthest out view and the next to it. Zooming in I start to lose detail as I get to the highest 3-4 levels. Now I'm using the prefetch in the flight plan screen. It's downloading for that zoom level but something seems broken.

Also I redownloaded the zip and tried again but same problem.

This reply was deleted.

Activity