Distributor

Mission Planner

Hello to you all,

I have run into an issue with the auto flight mode, when I put the plane into auto mode the plane will turn towards the first waypoint but will start to descend (approx 50 meters up at that point). I had let the plane go as long as I could to see if it would recover to level flight, about 10 meters from the ground I had to take back control as it did not look like it would.

I tried the other mode, which is stabilisation, this worked very well in today’s flight that was in 10 mph+ gusts of wind, so I know that the APM is working very well.

This makes me think that there was an issue with the altitudes set in the planner, so I started at the beginning with the planner, I set the home location and checked that there was a home altitude set  (approx 90 meters home alt), I checked the verify altitude box and had no red boxes showing (WP's all set at about 40-50 meters), sent the plane up again, the same happened, stabilisation was fine but auto would turn the correct direction and descend.

I then started over again, set the altitude of the WP's to some 150 meters (first flights 40-50 meters) to see if this would change the decent activities, and however it did not.

I'm confused to why this would be, it is only a guess, however I think there might be a miscommunication on the starting altitude so the plane thinks it is way to high at the start of the flight in the auto mode, then starts its decent to the first way point.

Any thoughts or ideas what to check or try?

Regards

Martin.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I can confirm that I saw the same issue with the Dec 13 code. After reverting due to the aforementioned issue with the Dec 27 code, I did my first ever flight test with full-auto mode.

I had a 4-waypoint path set up and after switching from Stabilized mode to Auto, the aircraft descended from around 50m AGL to the first waypoint. I watched it very carefully as it was the first test, ready to recover, but at the first waypoint having descended to around 10m AGL it went full throttle in a climbing turn to waypoint 2 before levelling off at the prescribed 100m and flying the remainder of the mission without issue.

• Same here

Before I switch to Auto I always have to get the plane in the relative vicinity of Waypoint 1 or else it will descend at idle to the ground.

When I switch to AUTO the throttle goes to idle until reaching the defined radius around waypoint 1, then the power comes up and flies the sequence.

• 3D Robotics
    What version of the code were you using? I think there is a bug that's causing this (we see it under certain circumstances in the sim) but we're having a hard time consistently replicating it.
This reply was deleted.

Activity