Modular UAV airframe

Take look at this airframe http://www.vimeo.com/4576567Not pretty, but modular, parts are easily exchangable and the airframe is probably low cost.One could probably make an electronics container in light foam instead of mounting the electronics to the outside of the front like it looks like this guy has done.Exchangable payload modules could probably also be made.Anyone know about a wing design that is similar to the one on the video?Looks like the tail boom is in balsa and that the tail is a spare from another plane.Note the rear mounted servos. Makes the tail detachable and allows for more weight in the front of the plane.UFO_MAN

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I like the idea, and function before looks anyday

It would be nice to do a twin boom design, pusher motor, electrics up the front, with the payload area between the booms, on CG, bit like thunderbird two from the tv series
  • Hehe. Yes I noticed that too.

However, that could easily be taken care of by isolating the LiPo with a piece of EPP or something.

UFO_MAN
  • Using a lipo battery pack as a skid might someday be pyrotechnically interesting...
This reply was deleted.

Activity