Montreal user group?

Hi,
   Out of curiosity I did a search for people in Montreal and noticed that there is quiet a few.  So I  thought, if there isn't already a user group why don't I propose one.  The summer is here and the weather ( today ) is ideal.

I am new to Montreal (Quebec) and I am not familiar with the techy groups here.  If you guys can suggest some interesting UGs I would be grateful.  I have found the www.foulab.org the people there seem cool, but they're not UAV centric, rather general techno.

thanks!
mac

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hey Bob,  I would love to visit the Foulab space, I am going to start building my UAV soon (i have all the parts)  but i just need some guidance, and a used radio that i can mod to a 2.4 with FRSKY.

Let me know how is best to reach you and see this space. 

I would love to link up to this community. 

Cheers

• I am in Montreal too and interested in multicopters, classic heli, FPV and aerial pictures. Speak French also.

Quick question for Montrealers people:

My QuadX with APM2.0 looks is not more able to fly, but not sure why this. I am not a beginner, no crash, but also can not become airborne again. The actual QuadX did have more than 50 flights before.

Wondering if I can find someone with a multicopter to test my APM2.0. Simple to install my APM2.0 in your model and see if is able to fly. I am in west island.

• Guys

there is a new Quebec fpv forum entirely in french... for those interested!

http://fpvqc.com

• Hi i'm from Québec (Québec) and start a new project, built my drone for  arieal photography .

• Update this post if you have idea or projet concerning drone aroung the Montreal area, I will be pleased to participate.

I'm french too, so english or french will be ok.

• Hi guysl,

i am also a newbi here and to UAV (although, i did lots of reading) . I have quite a few birds that i am ready to transform to UAVs and i would be interested to participate, exchange, and possibly meet once in a while with some local guys. I see that there seems to be a few members from the south shore of Montreal. Probably due to the fact that we have a few flying clubs around because or the open fields and country (like) environnement. I am lucky enough to be able to fly my gliders and helis at the end of my street because it's all open fields (agricultural), very few trees and i have permission from the owners. I'd love to able to meet with some of you guys to share knowledge, exchange ideas and perhaps do some fun fly.

Keep me posted, ill be following this thread...

PS: I'm french, so, feel free to reply in french if you prefer..

• Hello to all of you,

I am also in Montreal (Plateau). A friend and I have just started working on our first quadcopter using APM. This should be an interesting project. We've also dropped by Foulab a few times, very nice people and space, maybe we'll bring in our quad once the project is more advanced.

If you are having a meet up, please let me know!

M
    • Hey Mat, I am in Ville Marie, and have all the parts to start building , my UAV Y copter. I would love to talk to you and see your UAV. I am very new at this and could use some guidance, also where is the foulab?

cheers

• Hi there,

I'm living in the Montreal area and I'm very instered about a user group ou techy group !

I havent started to work on a diy drones, it's on project but I need experience and people to share ideas with.

It can be good to keep this post updated about user group and projects in the Montreal region.

See you!

Paul

• Hi!

I just wanted to say that I'm from Montreal as well, I'm looking into building an autonomous "n"-copter (still need to define the magnitude of n ;))

If there's a user group in the area I'd be glad to join!

Eric
This reply was deleted.

Activity