Hello to you all
I have run into a small issue with a new MTK in the set up testing, I have tried to search the forums for the answer, seems like the search is down still :(
I have a solid blue light on the unit, so lock I believe is happening, when in the CLI I run the GPS test but only have a "..........." scrolling across the screen, the GPS unit is only a few weeks old, I have not checked, but I believe that this would be the 1.6 not the 1.4 like the older unit I have tested and have got working with out issue.
The older unit I have tried (older MTK GPS unit) shows the results (Long Lat Sat’s) as expected in the CLI window, so I know that the APM/Oilpan is ok.
I have tried all of the combinations to stop the “……” and see the number of SAT’s in the Config.h file, can’t help thinking I have missed something :(
#define GPS_PROTOCOL GPS_PROTOCOL_MTK // You must uncomment this line by removing the slashes ("//") in front of the "#" and select either the default (GPS_PROTOCOL_MTK) or one of the following other supported GPS modules if you're using one of them instead:
// Other allowed options include:
// GPS_PROTOCOL_NONE No GPS attached
// GPS_PROTOCOL_IMU X-Plane interface or ArduPilot IMU.
//#define GPS_PROTOCOL_MTK MediaTek-based GPS.
//#define GPS_PROTOCOL_MTK16 MediaTek-based GPS with 1.6 firmware
// GPS_PROTOCOL_UBLOX UBLOX GPS
// GPS_PROTOCOL_SIRF SiRF-based GPS in Binary mode. NOT TESTED
Latest APM code being used, latest Ardunio IDE being used.