Distributor

MTK GPS

Hello to you all

I have run into a small issue with a new MTK in the set up testing, I have tried to search the forums for the answer, seems like the search is down still :(

I have a solid blue light on the unit, so lock I believe is happening, when in the CLI I run the GPS test but only have a "..........." scrolling across the screen, the GPS unit is only a few weeks old, I have not checked, but I believe that this would be the 1.6 not the 1.4 like the older unit I have tested and have got working with out issue.

The older unit I have tried (older MTK GPS unit) shows the results (Long Lat Sat’s) as expected in the CLI window, so I know that the APM/Oilpan is ok.

I have tried all of the combinations to stop the “……” and see the number of SAT’s in the Config.h file, can’t help thinking I have missed something :(

#define GPS_PROTOCOL GPS_PROTOCOL_MTK // You must uncomment this line by removing the slashes ("//") in front of the "#" and select either the default (GPS_PROTOCOL_MTK) or one of the following other supported GPS modules if you're using one of them instead:

// Other allowed options include:

// GPS_PROTOCOL_NONE        No GPS attached

// GPS_PROTOCOL_IMU         X-Plane interface or ArduPilot IMU.

//#define GPS_PROTOCOL_MTK         MediaTek-based GPS.

//#define GPS_PROTOCOL_MTK16       MediaTek-based GPS with 1.6 firmware

// GPS_PROTOCOL_UBLOX       UBLOX GPS

// GPS_PROTOCOL_SIRF        SiRF-based GPS in Binary mode.  NOT TESTED

Latest APM code being used, latest Ardunio IDE being used.

Any thoughts?

Regards

Martin.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Im pretty sure you only want the mtk16 if it is the newer gps firmware, i get the same thing if i set it to just mtk.
  • Do you have a "#define GPS_PROTOCOL_MTK" in your config.h file? not a "//#define GPS_PROTOCOL_MTK".

What revision of the IMU board are you using? it says on the underside.

This reply was deleted.

Activity