MTK16 GPS not working on APM1280

after update to l2.5.4 code on my apm1280 with disabled cli logging and gps set to MTK16 (not AUTO) the gps stopped working. status led on gps is on, but the gcs says "no gps" and loiter is not working. after compiling with auto, everything is ok. if i run gps test (auto), it says GPS MTK16 ok and then "no fix" without change, even tough the gps led is on (no blinking). any toughts?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Today I installed the APM back in the Copter to see if I still had the lock no 3D fix problem, and what do you think happened. One thing that I would like to note. When loading V2.5.4 Quad from the APM planner I had the GPS pluged in to the board. Today I reloaded V2.5.4 with out the GPS, Xbee and any RC gear. I then reassembled the copter and gave it a go. I had a 3D fix with 10 sat in about 2 minutes. Was that the fix to the problem??????

• 100KM

It's a known problem that MTK16 gps does not work if you specify it in apm_config.h.  It only works when you let the software auto detect the gps.

If I add a small delay just before gps gets initialised, I could get the gps to work when on usb power, but never on normal lipo power.  I've been looking into it for a while, but couldn't solve it.

The blue led on the gps lights up when you have a 2D fix.  The red light on the apm only lights up if you have a 3D fix.

• I am having the same problem!

This reply was deleted.

Activity