Multiple MAVLink Channels (UART)

Hi all,

I have just received my APM2 today so I'm a new user.

I want the APM2 to send out the MAVLink messages to my XBee, which I believe is UART0 as per the usual setup procedure in the manual...no problems here.

HJowever, I ALSO want the same messages to be sent down one of the other UARTs (don't mind which), so an exact copy.  As a secondary thing, it would also be nice if the APM2 was able to receive MAVLink messages from both ports but I don't know if this is possible?

So, how do I configure APM2 to send MAVLink down two UART ports?

Regards,

Simon

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I just checked that. I am using APM2.0, and they are not the same!

• I got it working fine with an easy and fast solution. So currently I am using the USB to communicate with an external embedded computer (Gumstix), and I am using the Xbee to visualize the output on Mission planner!

The setup is really easy!

Simply you need to do two steps:

1- add this line to the APM_config.ino Tab

#define TELEMETRY_UART2 ENABLED

2- solder the pins on the side of the APM (UART0 & UART2 & +5v/GND)

Now connect your Xbee to these UART2 pins (you just soldered), and communicate using a baud rate of 57600.

REMEBER: Do not play with the mux. Leave it as you received it!

• I got a solution to this!!

Have you solved your problem?!

• ...just as a raison d'être, I will be sending the second stream to an onboard computer doing high-level control so it needs to be able to decode the MAVLink, make some decisions, and update the APM2.  The XBee will run on the APM2 as normal with the GCS.

This reply was deleted.

Activity