My First Crash.... It was bound to happen. Now what?

Well it was bound to happen.  Here is the clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpE-dyNMmQA

My question is now what??  Narrowing it down a bit I guess is what values in the log should I look at to find out what caused it to flip like it did?

2013-09-01 16-49 10.log

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• @Rocketman,  Thanks for the compliment about the house, but it's actually my wife's parents place.  

After some further thought and digging around I have a few more questions:

1. @Hans what do I look for in the log to see the oscilations?  I did see them as the quad was flying, but I would like to know more about the logs and interpreting them more.  I'll look in the wiki a little too.
    2. Since the crash I've been contemplating turning my quad into a octo but I'm not sure exactly what the plus and minuses might be.  I'm thinking that I've read that an octo would create a bit of redundancy.  Does anyone have any comments as to why or why not to do this?
    3. I would like to get a little longer flying time.  I think I was flying somewhere between 5 and 10 minutes on a 2200mah 3s zippy.  How could I go about finding out if a 4000mah battery would give me a little more time?  I think that I saw the 4000mah was close to double the weight.

Here is my setup:

Description

X525 Frame

8045 SF Props 2pc Standard Rotation/2 pc RH Rotation (Black)

TURNIGY Plush 25amp Speed Controller

NTM Prop Drive Series 28-26A 1200kv / 250w

NTM Prop Drive 28 Series Accessory Pack

Hobby King Quadcopter Power Distribution Board

• Sorry to see that Loren. Nice place you have there. I'll look at the log, but I'm a noob too. This crash is exactly what happened to mine on my maiden flight, except it got away from me and flipped at 30 feet AGL.

• I have a feeling that somewhere a motor failed.  Is that possible?

This reply was deleted.

Activity