my First question

Hi DIY people i just joined the community and i introduce myself

i'm Augusto from Italy and i develop and build drones by 2009 on Mikrokopter platform

recently i decided to move to Pixhawk so i'm starting to collect the informations i need

the first question is about the gimbal, i'd like to start with something small so i want to build a quad that carries the gopro class cameras

which one is the best sportcam 3axis gimbal that can work with alexmos board and mavlink?

possibly with encoded brushles motors

thanks to all for your time!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• hi Greg

yes basically i'm looking for a small gimbal frame where i can choose the motors i like more, and the electronics that let's me connect with the FC for horizon drifting fix

this is not for FPV race stuff...it will be the base platform for aerial filming, once i get the results i want i'll build a big size model

i don't know pixhawk so it is better to start with something small and cheap

i was considering to use Fwiyu 3axis gopro gimbal but i don't know if i can use it with basecan board

one more interesting model is the 3DR Solo gimbal...can this model work with a regulax Pixahw CUBE FC? or it is locked to 3DR only electronics?

Greg Fletcher said:

I like the Storm32 controller. You can get one for ~70 - 80 USD from China, that's with a gopro sized gimbal! I haven't really used other types. There's lots of  gimbals that size for ~ $200, if you want motor encoders you will need a Grimsley gimbal for more than $1000. They can take PWM input from the FC or serial via mavlink. Just flying FPV for fun you only need a tilt channel into the gimbal, roll and yaw are stabilized, yaw follows the aircraft body and roll follows the horizon. 

my First question
    Hi DIY people i just joined the community and i introduce myself i'm Augusto from Italy and i develop and build drones by 2009 on Mikrokopter platfor…
  • I like the Storm32 controller. You can get one for ~70 - 80 USD from China, that's with a gopro sized gimbal! I haven't really used other types. There's lots of  gimbals that size for ~ $200, if you want motor encoders you will need a Grimsley gimbal for more than $1000. They can take PWM input from the FC or serial via mavlink. Just flying FPV for fun you only need a tilt channel into the gimbal, roll and yaw are stabilized, yaw follows the aircraft body and roll follows the horizon. 

This reply was deleted.

Activity