My Setup for HK X666 opinion

Well first of all, Hello guys, first things first, this is my first post, so go easy :D Second, am Portuguese and if something is hard to understand I'm sorry, and if you have any question I will be happy to answer.

My main objective of this post is to learn even more about multicopters, in the last few months I have research everything I can because I want to build one quadcopter from scratch, so I want collect the most information possible. So lets talk about what it matters... The QuadCopter.

Like I said it will be a Quad with a HK X666 frame.

Primary concerns:

1. Flight Times (20-30 minutes)
  2. Future FPV equipment (Small camera, like a goPro)
  3. Weight, with this setup, full extras It will weight arround 2000g max...

Setup:

1. Frame: Hobbyking X666 Glass Fiber Quadcopter Frame 666mm
  2. Controlller: APM 2.6 Set
  3. Motors: Turnigy Multistar 4822-390Kv 22Pole Multi-Rotor Outrunner
  4. Propellers: Multirotor CF Propeller Pair 17 x 5.5
  5. GPS: 3DR uBlox GPS with Compass Kit
  6. Telemetry: 3DR Radio Set
  7. ESC: Q Brain 4 x 20A Brushless Quadcopter ESC 2-4S
  8. Battery (x2): ZIPPY Flightmax 5000mAh 3S1P 20C
  9. Power Distributor: Hobby King Quadcopter Power Distribution Board

Questions

1. Well, will it Fly???
  2. Besides the RC and FPV equipment, controller and other stuff I want to know if there's something missing on the list.
  3. What I could do to make it better, and improve flight time.

After my research and some calculations at eCalc, this was the setup I made, but like I said, this is the first time I explore this type of equipment. I have some electronic and programming knowledge.

In the attached files are the eCalc results to this setup.

arducopter2.png

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• So how well did it fly with the 17 inch props?

• Here it goes my little baby Is growing since January 23rd Suggestions are Welcome, the only thing is missing is the GPS&Compass, was already shipped...

Here it is the photos :)

http://porto-media.sytes.net:81/galeria/index.php/Drone

• Hi Bruno,

At first I thought the idea of a 17" prop on a 660 quad kind of crazy. But it looks REALLY good. How does it fly? Did you manage to tune it without problems? Please tell me more about your experience.

• Hello Hugo

Well to be honest I dont know if it will fly yet :P All The plans, all the calculations show it will. I will post more news when this baby turns the props...

I do not have nothing negative about HobbyKing the only problem takes about 1 month shipping time. So, I am waiting for the XT60 adapters to connect the batteries and GPS&Compass Antenna. After that it will be tuned and fly, I hope...

This reply was deleted.

Activity