So routine AUTO flight today, all the sudden right before making a 180 yaw turn it goes crazy leaning forward almost full throttle, stops, jerks around some  , does it again, I did an RTL and still no good, it went full forward/throttle again, I tried stabilize and it wouldnt take, then finally EKF kicks in and does a LAND, even thou i have FS_EKF explicitly set to 0 (do nothing - yes, i dont want my copter landing anywhere on its own)

it seems it all starts with GPS issue?, I have M8N as primary and 6M as secondary....yet they both show the same issue with HDOP going high and losing SAT count, which I find very odd that both GPSs have the same exact problem at the same time (I checked space weather afterwards and there were no anomalies indicated at the time)

However looking at ATT values, its not very clear to me but it seems the abrupt attitude changes start shortly before the GPS issues, so am not sure if the abrupt attitude changed caused the GPS issue or the other way around....hopefully someone can help me out determine that.....

why would it still LAND when I have FS_EKF set to 0??  I dont like it when AC decides to do things on its own when told not to....

why didnt stabilize take? I see some error about FLIGHT MODE 6 whcih is stabilize but dont know what that means....

thankfully the copter is intact thou!! flew it again and no issues whatsoever on the last round.....my confidence is shattered thou

2015-10-06 10-08-32.zip

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I think i now believe this might be a bug with AC in how it handles spline waypoints, as the issue started immediately after the copter entered into a spline waypoint with some strange sudden curvature to it, as seen when closing in the mission planner track....am going to test it out tomorrow but in further analysis of the logs it looks like there wasnt any GPS issue, and the GPS high HDOP started "after" the copter started making sudden abrupt  attitude changes....

still would like for someone to double check me....

This reply was deleted.

Activity