Hi Guys ,

Can you please suggest the name of some books that helps one to design UAVs.

Thanks,

D

Views: 1700

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Your question is a bit too open ended.  Are you interested in building airframes, autopilots, or what.  You will not find a single book which has much value in covering all UAV design topics.

There are a wide selection of well known texts dealing with beginning airframe design.  It has been a pretty standard course in the undergraduate aerospace engineering curriculum at many universities for many years.  You could start here - http://www.aircraftdesign.com/books.html.  Raymer's text "Aircraft Design: A Conceptual Approach" is on the 5th edition and is a classic in in the field.

On the autopilot side there are few books which give a complete concise treatment to UAV autopilot design.  As a starting point I'd recommend Small Unmanned Aircraft: Theory and Practice" by Beard and McLain.  I have also found "Autonomous Flying Robots: Unmanned Aerial Vehicles and Micro Aerial Vehicles" by Kenzo Nonami, Farid Kendoul, Satoshi Suzuki and Wei Wang to be pretty good.

Many thanx Dough . Yes I should have been more precise , actually am interested in books related to the development of avionics for UAVs.

Best,

D

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service