Thanks for reading, please help, i'm new in the quadcopters world  !

I'm planning a canoe trip this summer for a month in the greath north of east Canada. So I would like to buy a Quadcopter with a Gopro to complete the footage of our trip and like you surely know it is a very big purchase and we need help to choose the right engine.

Before annoying you guys I searched a lot on the net and there are so much models that I am not able to make the best choice, I though that the help of professionals could help. This roughly what we are looking for, thanks:

Budget: between 2500 and 3000 dollars,

Engine: four propellers (or six, maybe you could tell me your advice on that)

Time flight: anything between 10 to 20 minutes i think, anyway we will carey few extra batteries to be able to make more than a flight and to charge the other batteries with our solar pannels.

Weight: well it's a canoe trip so lighter is better but anything less than 3 kg seem to be not to much...

Durability: the toughtest of course but most of all the capacity to change pieces on the trip (like a propeller)if needed.

Lenght: well we need something that could fold in anyway to protect the engine in a durable case.

Gopro: to have a good video quality i guess the stability of the quadcopter is determinant but also a minimum of two axes ajustment during the flight, how does it work, is there a transmitter for the copter and one for the camera? what is the best?

Finally we are not programer experts so we need something all balanced and ready to flight, even with the camera if possible...

Do you think there is something that could fit in thoses standards?

We have seen many specs and the best quadcopters so far are seem to be

Turbo Ace x830 (still there are many models)

DJI S800 - UAV Multirotor (with six propeller)

BNF DJI F550

Spreading Wings S800 ?

and especially the steadiDrone Qu4D RTF

I hope you have a solution for us, you guys seem to know a lot about multy rotors drones and we really need help. Thank you very much for your time anyway.

Have a nice day,

Raphael

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Raphael,

I tested the Sky-hero Spy some time ago (still prototype at that moment, now available).

It flies great, is light and is foldable (Spy-Y6 or Spider-quad setup)

Just have a look: www.sky-hero.com(http://vimeo.com/47994850)

• I can't help with specific options, but here's my advice - If you are new to multirotor flight, YOU WILL CRASH while learning to fly.  Buy some spare props, a motor and an arm or two and practice a lot before your trip.

This reply was deleted.

Activity