Neo-6m GPS no signal.

Hello,

I've read many threads these past days and before giving up I'll give it another shot...

Here's the deal- I bought the Neo-6m from HK, connected to the Crius board and got NO GPS.Trying to investigate this, I bought an FTDI board , connected to U-Center via USB (attached photo 2) and I get no satellite signal.

Additional info:

Windows 7 X64, newest driver installed.

U-Center: Changed every conceivable baudrate and tried various settings according to other posts (attached photo 1), green connection link at the top but grey in the communication status bar, tried to upload config file- timeout error.

Solid red LED on GPS, when changing rate TP (Timepulse) blinked according to new interval- weird, huh?

Excluded possible wiring disconnection by adding a new set (disregard the colors for a moment) switched Rx and Tx to eliminate "confusion" factor, no go.

Do these findings lead to the conclusion that this a GPS failure and needs to be replaced? Or there's something else I need to check?

Your comments would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Gabby

1.png

2.JPG

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Ive got the same Issue, I only get a GPS lock on USB, and not on 3S battery. Ive left it on battery for 30mins and no lock, just flashes. Connect it to USB and in under 60 seconds i have a 3d fix.

This has happened with 2 GPS units now

Any ideas?

Thanks!

• I have a NEO-6M running on a CRIUS AIOP. Something is weird where the GPS seems to keep the whole system from booting up. if I unplug the GPS it will boot up fine. Maybe there's still a loose or intermittent connection, but I have my suspicions about the battery on the GPS board. I'm going to try replacing it. It's weird how it always seems to boot up eventually when I hit the reset button just the way it wants me to, but seems to change it's mind how it wants me to. If the battery change doesn't solve it I'm just going to solder the rest of the serial data lines and do away with the Dupont connectors. Saving up for the APM 2.5 or 6, if for no other reason the more graceful cabling.

• Double check your wiring.

Also is the ftdi board 3.3V or 5V ?

I have one ftdi cable that connects ok and can read config settings from eeprom, but writing timeouts everytime. Still mystery to me, but i changed another ftdi board and it worked ok.

Have tested your ftdi board that its ok for example this way? :

http://www.ladyada.net/wiki/ftditest

Regards Jani

ftditest [AdaWiki]

It sounds like you should be sending it back to HK. The board is not supported here but somebody might know your answer.

This reply was deleted.

Activity