I just noticed this at the Chinese on-line retailer, ThanksBuyer.com

They are pricing the bundled versions attractively.  Obviously made to compete against the APM micro 3.1

Flight controller

FC bundled with power supply

FC, power supply, GPS unit

If anyone makes the leap, perhaps you could keep us informed on your experiences.

Happy flying all!!

Views: 30730

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

if you are talking about the mini apm pro (that is not a Pix since the pix is 32 bits and this is 8 bits) then you have to connect on the output side (Ports on right side picture on the page 5) as follow:

top left side is the OSD/ Telemetry (if you have)

middle pins (I2C) is the mag with the yellow on the first pin

bottom pins is the GPS

If the external GPS & Mag is burnt then is not working at all. Never heard a situation where you can burn only the mag as this one is powered from the main gps unit not from the board (from the board is taking only data vis SCL and SDA pins).

Yes the mini APM Pro it was labelled as being made by pix something, I maybe read wrong. But I have it working now cheers for that I had the compass one pin over but it didn't damage it. I just bought another one, they're really good.
Strange thing as if I remember well if you put a ubec on output it will power the board...
Be aware that its power module output only 5v not 5.2 and sometime I had power warnings in my dataflash logs...
Too low power vcc it could brown out
My apm flies rather well (f450 frame). Is doing the missions as porogrammed. But I do not succeed doing the autotune.
I do not seeing the copter movements. I do not see changing the settings.
When I start autotune I get a message, but never get a message the autotune had ended.
who has an idea where I have to look?
Autotune works in altitude hold and you must have the throttle in center position and sticks too..
Control your radio calibration.
Thanks for the answers, but I don't see anythink I do wrong.
I can fly the quad but is not so solid as my NAZA copters. The APM is flying with movements up and down. Tried several settings, is always be able to fly, but I miss a straight movement.
Hopefully someone comes with "the solution".

Hey Scott, I'm the new noob on the block and just read your post about how you had the motors connected wrong. Please elaborate on that, as I ran into the same problem. Unfortunately, my problem has increased to the point where I have no functionality of the throttle, pitch, roll nor yaw control. They all register great on Mission Planner, but not functioning from a battery. Any suggestions?

Hi Ron, welcome to wonderful world of building your own multirotors! So, lets get a little more info first such as ESC, receiver. Are you saying the APM is only functioning when plugged into computer an not when connected to a battery? Are you using the separate power supply or your ESC's? Are you running PPM or PWM input? 

After scanning multiple threads, (and quite frankly just plain luck) I got the wiring in the right configuration (I believe) and discovered it was a setting in MP that would not allow the radio to bind without a GPS lock. Having disabled that, I was able to conduct a motor test and get them to engage with the radio.

The ESCs are the stock XGW 2.4b (soldered)

I have the stock receiver as well that I haven't taken apart.

The ESCs are powered by the board as I'm using a 3DR Power Module to power the board and the FC.

I'm not sure what PPM and PWM are.

Long story short, at about 11:30 PM, I had everything put back together and was out for a test flight. However, I couldn't get enough lift from the front props to lift it and it did a nose dive, which broke one of the propellers. So here I am now trying to figure out what is wrong with the motors.

Here are photos of what I've got:

Can anyone confirm if this PRO board can use dual redundant power suppler: power module + UBEC because in rcgroups.com forum he says it could be powered from two power source without solder/cut jumpers on board?.  I had problem with mid air reboot on this mini pro board.  Here's the link:  http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2491362#post32942124

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service