I just noticed this at the Chinese on-line retailer, ThanksBuyer.com

They are pricing the bundled versions attractively.  Obviously made to compete against the APM micro 3.1

Flight controller

FC bundled with power supply

FC, power supply, GPS unit

If anyone makes the leap, perhaps you could keep us informed on your experiences.

Happy flying all!!

Views: 30714

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

look jp1 on the first image.

This board is older than yours

No I got this model

Attachments:

Hi Luke,

With a Mini APM Pro there is no need to disable the internal compass or take any other action than simply connecting and calibrating the compass. It is possibly that your external compass (in your GPS housing) requires a 180 degree roll or some other position adjustment. Point your aircraft North and observe (in Mission Planner or other GCS) that the bearing reads 0 degrees. Not rotate (yaw) your aircraft about 15 degrees East. Observe that your bearing also reads about 15 degrees North East. If it reads North West, then you need to change the roll to 180 degrees under compass calibration.

Ron

Ok Ron, but when I can connect my GPS and Compass, I cant calibrate it.. So maybe I must wait for a GPS Lock and set the compass with the GPS... However, when i do the wizard assistant, on the compass calbration panel I got a compass 1 error 99 and no samples, nothing moving on the panel when i move my copter... So I will try for a first GPS 3D lock to see.. Or I will test to fly without compass calibration...

If you have a solution to calibrate my compass... Please share it...

GPS is not required for calibrating the compass. Suggest you not use the wiz

Yeah I know but when I have a GPS lock I can see a heading on the map...  But when I don't have GPS lock I dont see any heading...

Hi Luke,

The GPS heading on the map is useless unless you are flying. GPS is a position sensor, not a heading sensor. The flight controller computes a heading based on integration along the position route.

On the ground the best option is to use a hand held compass or compass app in a smart phone.

Ron

Ok I will... But for the bad compass health when I got MAG enabled and no compass calibration?... Im the only gyu who have this problem?!..

I will try with another computer and a handled compass... Here the pic of my APM I do not all wiring due to the compass problem I dont want to go more further... But if I dont calibrate the compass I can not have a RTL or FailSafe?...

(Sorry I dont know if my english is good)

Attachments:

SCL : grey, SDA : yellow from the GPS

So no solutions?..
When I upgrade Rover firmwware my GPS works and I got a compass heading... I can not calibrate it but I got GPS lock and a compass haeding?.. What I have to do?..

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Season Two of the Trust Time Trial (T3) Contest 
A list of all T3 contests is here. The current round, the Vertical Horizontal one, is here

© 2019   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service