My APM2.5 just quit working while I was doing the final setup on my plane. It will no longer connect via Mavlink or 3DR telemetry to MP. At the time, I was mixing rudder control on my DX7-s to operate the FPV camera PAN servo with the GEAR switch. Everything seemed to work great, then the APM went completely dead. The rudder travel was set at 150% for the long rotation servo.
I had 3DR telemetry, FPV w/ MinimOSD, operating perfectly, Spektrum radio was calibrated and had 3 modes: MAN, STAB, RTL programmed. Aircraft surfaces responded to STAB correctly, then suddenly, nothing.

I disconnected everything including the GPS, and connected via USB to the MP. Connection fails at "Got param GND_ABS_PRESS" (62 of 183). I got access via Terminal and reset the EEPROM: no difference. I have since tried loading other older versions of Arduplane, but there is no accel, mag or GPS response.
Below is the schematic of my flight system. I can not see any reason for the failure due to my design. Please look it over and see if it is all correct. Also, I video recorded the functionality of the system prior to failure so that I could feature it on my website. I can post that video as well. Everything was working perfectly before the sudden failure. 
Any help appreciated. I just went from "Ready For Maiden" to "Totally Discouraged".

3690999949?profile=original

My Penguin Control System1.jpg

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Here is a revised schematic with the mod you mentioned and the rails corrected. The Pan servo is a Henge MD260 with 600mA draw. I did not exceed the max by much, but that may have been the culprit.

I am not sure what to try next on the board. There is no apparent damage to it, but I can not get into "Logs" on the Terminal to erase them, and nothing else seems to make a difference. Resetting EEPROM, loading Arducopter or other versions of the firmware result in the Mavlink not being able to complete the connection.3692636892?profile=original

• Well, I didn't have a second power supply to the Output Rail. My mistake. I guess I was confused by the new supplied APM Power Module (rated 2.25A) and the absence of the JP1 jumper.

I tested and found continuity across the fuse near JP1, which I hope is not a bad sign.

Below is my revised Electrical Schematic. I believe I have it right now. May have costed myself an APM in the process tho.

3692637026?profile=original

• Sounds like your pan servo drew more than 0.5A and blew the fuse on the APM.
This reply was deleted.

Activity