Newbie here and I have gotten myself in way over my head. I need some help from anyone who can provide it.

I have run into what seems to me to be a huge problem after a pretty bad crash. It was on the first flight of my new E382 LR set up. I followed the checklists to the letter and got the thing up in the air. I had loaded a set of WPTs before I launched it and once it went through the initial RTL, I switched it to auto. It looked like it was working but ended up nose diving into a tree from at least 300 feet. The airframe is messed up pretty badly, but it can be fixed with a little creative work. The problem I have is that the Turnigy controller no longer works. Baffling, right? Well, not so much...

The airplane is set up with a Dragon Link board that says V2.81 and this has 3 wire bundles that are connected to the APM box. Apparently when the aircraft crashed, the wires were disconnected from the Dragon Link board. I can't figure out where they go. I have looked far and wide for a pinout diagram of the DL thing, but it doesn't exist.

To further complicate things, I decided to try and hook them back up and managed to get the thing to hook up partially. It still won't communicate with the controller at all, but I can get the aircraft to respond via telemetry link to control inputs in APM Mission Planner using my simulator yoke and throttle quadrant. It works on the bench but I am afraid to try to fly it like this.

Does anyone out there know where to connect the wires between the APM and the DL board? Any help at all will be very much appreciated!

I have attached a picture that kind of shows how I have it hooked up. I know it isn't the greatest, but it may help show how it is SORTA working now and how it really needs to go.

[IMG]http://i1342.photobucket.com/albums/o765/Ken_Gaines/IMG_20130407_213608_863_zps2ab27bea.jpg[/IMG]

jackedupAPM.jpg

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Ken,

Did you have tested switches flight mode, before the flight?

To setup DL with APM, just:

CH8 wire from APM to DL RX CH6

CH1 from APM goes to CH1 DL RX

Jumper wire from transversal jumper from CH 2,3,4 APM goes to 2,3,4 on DL RX

Good luck!

This reply was deleted.

Activity