Newbiee question

Will the APM2.x flight controller interface with a DSMX receiver. The reason I ask is that I have a nearly complete quadrotor in need of a flight controller. The receiver module in question is a small half by one inch board with a three wire connector for interfacing to the controller. From what I can tell the APM2.x seems to want individual PWM inputs for each channel.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks all. That's a great Wiki. Found what I need here: http://code.google.com/p/arducopter/wiki/PPMsumRC

• Tom means to use JP1 and that really depends on what your power scheme requires.

What you are describing is not a typical RC RX, but sounds like a 'Sum PPM' type.

Yes, the APM wants individual inputs.

See THIS page in the Wiki.

I use a Spektrum DX6i. 6 Channels is probably the minimum you want regardless of the brand.

Build on!

-=Doug

DIY RC Receiver (Serial PPM) - AI Matt
    When I was first getting into multirotors, I didn’t have an RC transmitter and receiver pair to control a quadcopter with. But I did have a …
  • Not real sure what you are talking about in regards to the receiver module but if you are trying to use a Spektrum radio (or any radio for that matter). You can just connect the receiver to the APM via cables much like you would on any other type of aircraft. Just make sure that you connect the right wires in the right spots and install the jumper on J2 to power the board (unless you are using the power monitoring cable then you will not want the jumper). 

Hope that this answers your question!

This reply was deleted.

Activity