no ch7 opt menu-need help

I've found how the set up the camera trigger on a pixhawk and have set up a 3DR X8 but i can not find the option i need to setup a plane to take pictures3691173687?profile=original^this is my setup for the X8 

3691173724?profile=original^these are my options for the plane. where is the ch7_opt & ch8_opt? how do i set this up to do camera trigger?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hello All! 

I am having a similar issue with my new plane setup (HK Hawkeye) with an apm2.6.   Like my apm copters,  I would like to setup ch7 or 8 to RTL (come home and circle until I regain control) but I can't find where to set that up.  

Can someone point me to the screen or parameter on where that might be?  

Thank you for any help! 

Frank - Austin, TX.  

• If you want to manually trigger using the RC controller, go to Full Parameters List and set Servo out function (RC7_FUNCTION) to Manual.
    If you want the autopilot to trigger the camera according to the flight plan, set it to 10 for Camera_Trigger.
    • 3702542703?profile=originali dont see a manual setting. is that RC_Passthru? i have it set up on my x8 quadcoppter where ch_7 on my remote triggers the camera and the autopilot triggers it but i cant seem to figure that out for the plane. 

• I thank you for all the help but I'm still stuck. i believe i have it setup right but its not working. at this point I'm just trying to get an led switch to turn on from the remote. i want to use channel  7 on the remote and i have the switch plugged into #2 on the pixhawk(i think that's AUX 2) i have every ch#_Function to RC_passthru and the relays set to -1. but i don't get how to assign a channel to an auxiliary. i'm also trying to control a servo with the knob on the remote. What am I doing wrong?  thanks again for all the help

• Try using channel 7 on your radio, plug your switch into the channel 7 servo location, and then do a Radio Calibration.
          By using Aux 3, you are plugged into channel 10
          •  I feel I'm getting lost on this path to solving the problem. Don't fully understand what you mean. is there any way you can email me? maybe quicker that route. My email is Sheldon.kerr@fmtdry.com  I greatly appreciate all the help. 

• Sorry there is s typo above that is confusing. I meant to say that by plugging into Aux2 (I wrote 3), you are using Channel 10. Instead plug it into 7.

I don't see how writing an email is any easier than writing here. I'm taking my time to help others to give back to the community that has done the same for me. If we privatize this conversation then we loose the whole spirit of Open Source. It really quite simple, so you must be missing something small. Perhaps you could make a video and we will spot the error.
              • Understood. 

I'm using a Pico switch to turn on Leds_(first Problem)

i want to use channel 7 input to control it

i will start with  the settings i believe i needed to change for this to work

On the pixhawk i have the relay plugged into AUX1(RC9-Written on top)

BRD_PWM_COUNT @ 4 (this is the same setting on my X8 pico switch)

RC9_FUNCTION @  1 (RCPassThru)

RELAY_PIN @ -1

RELAY_PIN2 @ -1

RELAY_PIN3 @ -1

RELAY_PIN4 @ -1

I did a radio calibration. I dont know what you mean by servo 7 location. 

do the numbers on the top of the pixhawk(RC 5, RC 6, etc..) directly correspond to the rc signals the transmitter is putting out? so RC 5 is channel 5 on the transmitter?

When i make changes to the parameters and write them do I have to restart the pixhawk for them to take effect or is it immediate?   

i can provide pictures if need just let me know

Thanks

• On the pixhawk i have the relay plugged into AUX1(RC9-Written on top)

>>>> plug into RC7

BRD_PWM_COUNT @ 4 (this is the same setting on my X8 pico switch)
                  RC9_FUNCTION @ 1 (RCPassThru)

>>>>>>> set RC_FUNCTION to RCPassThru

RELAY_PIN @ -1
                  RELAY_PIN2 @ -1
                  RELAY_PIN3 @ -1
                  RELAY_PIN4 @ -1

>>>>> these don't matter since you are not using a relay, you are using a device that pretends to be a servo.

I did a radio calibration. I dont know what you mean by servo 7 location.

>>>>>> RC7 written in top of the Pixhawk.

do the numbers on the top of the pixhawk(RC 5, RC 6, etc..) directly correspond to the rc signals the transmitter is putting out? so RC 5 is channel 5 on the transmitter?

>>>>>> yes
                  When i make changes to the parameters and write them do I have to restart the pixhawk for them to take effect or is it immediate?

>>>>> Immediately.
This reply was deleted.

Activity