I'm at my wits end here. I've put out 4 posts for help in the forums and no one has responded. I've written 2 developers and no response. I will literally pay someone $20 if they will take the time to help me understand what I'm doing wrong.

I have a single axis gimbal in my airplane for roll stabilization. It works well. I want to rotate the roll axis before landing to protect the lens during landing. I want to add a DO command after the last waypoint to change the gimbal from stabilized to retract. BUT, I cant make it work.

Heres a video explaining my problem. Please watch it and if you can assist me in solving this, I will make it worth your time.

Matt

This video explains my issue quite well (I think):

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• T3

Hi Matt,

ive played some time with the arduplane cam mount, but iam not involved or fully understand the latest code (just using).

So, i will try to give you the simplest answer that comes in to my mind.

scenario: If you setup your mount to stabilize (like you) and fly.. then in the middle of the flight with the point cam here future (mavlink targeting) hit a spot..  then you are unable to return at stabilize, or rc targeting, until you go back to parametres and set it... i think this is why you cant DO, while change mount mode. Im sure this should is for devs to explain or on they way to fix, but here is a simple solution. 

set your mount at rc targeting,  which still has stabilization.assign a nob for roll and just before land move it to full bank.

of course iam not sure if this works at auto, but its easy to try.  Next idea, add an tiny servo to close the hatch and add this servo as retract. on the mount menu.

Tell us how it goes

• heh.

Even bribing with money doesn't work...

This reply was deleted.

Activity