T3

No power from RC Pins

hi to all, 

After several succesfull flights with my Arduplane (v2.26) i have problem.

when i plug my 3s lipo to esc, only a red led(PWR) lights up on ATMEGA 2560 board. When i plug the usb everything works great (except servo movement) and i can play with mission planner and read inputs from all sensors and rc inputs.

i may exceded the current trying to use 7 12gr digital servos (4 for flight control-3 for camera). wrong servo throws fried one of my servos and since then the problem appeard (iam not exacly sure if it happend before or after the new firmware update) .

i already checked for the soldered part and its ok.

is there eny way to reset a fuse or something? should i buy another fuse or buy another board? power the board using another trick??

thanks you all 

James

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Have you had any issue with the PPM encoder after this fix?

• T3

Hello everybody!!

Problem found and Solved!!!

it seems that servo burnout, burn this little ground line on apm board from rc pins ground to board ground

3692308361?profile=original

i solderd a piece of cable from rc pins ground to board -+ holes and everything works again!! be carefull when using many powerfull digital servos with high draw.

3692308176?profile=original 

burntgrd.jpg

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/3692308361?profile=original
  • T3

Thanks a lot Burt, i was hoping this to work out too.

It seems i have exacly  the same symptoms like Dave Whittington http://diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/ardupilot-mega-home-page?id=705...  discribes a year ago, but my jumpers are solderd.. 

a minute ago i powered apm board from + - holes with a seperate UBEC and aditionally a pluged my esc on rc rail, everything lights up but servos still dont move in any mode..

i cant locate the fuses on APMboard, how the look like/ name? for sure nothing missing i double checked all images with my board

i will have my polymeter back tomorow to check every end..

Thanks again for helping me Burt

•  

James

I have had a very similar problem. The last time was after 2 good flights. After changing batteries, I couldn't get the yellow gyro, or red GPS led to light. I had no xbee connection. After hooking the plane up to usb I could upload firmware, but couldn't connect to change settings. I could connect to test all the hardware with the MP terminal, all tested well.

I also when over all solder joints on the APM, tried it again same thing.

I then loaded the Hil firmware, now everything seemed to work. I then reloaded the 2.26 again, had the same problem back again. ???

I next loaded 2.24 firmware from the Arduino interface, It rebooted the APM and all seemed to work again.

I have had this happen 2 times both times I had to go to older firmware, then reload the 2.26.

Give this a try and see if it works for you.

Burt

• Distributor

Hi James,

I'm sure you have, but I will just ask! Did you check this page here

And have you looked at this information here

You can power the board in another way by following the above steps , I thought that the fuse reset itself after a power down on the APM, I could be wrong!

Let us know how you come along with the above information.

Regards

Martin

This reply was deleted.

Activity