Obstacle Avoidance sensor

Hello,

Looking for an Obstacle avoidance sensor that is compatible with Pixhawk and/or Ardupilot.

Within the price range of 10,000 Indian Rupees.

Description of set-up with Pixhawk is also needed.

Please help.

Thanks 

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• "But not only sun is problem for altimeters, they don't work reliable even in light fog.

I would like to invest in the development of highly reliable laser lidar array system to be installed in cars for obstacle avoidance.

It makes no sense to install laser lidars which work in indoor environment only.

Use of microwave radar altimeters/proximity sensors by dribers on public highways, has been banned in many countries for health safety reasons.

For the same reasons VIPs don't live close to mobile telephony BTS towers, to avoid exposure to microweave cancer (glaucoma)

and police speed radars shifted from microwaves to laser technology.

• We tested different laser altimeters in different conditions - from desert to Greenland. Most reliable small altimeter what we found is WASP-200 LRF.

But not only sun is problem for altimeters, they don't work reliable even in light fog.

Now we are going to test radar altimeters/proximity sensors.

• ok,

how do you select white targets on the ground, if this lidar module is called Drone laser altimeter ?

I am afraid, civil market offered laser lidar distance meters are affected by the same bug : too low power of laser pointer, to offer any reliable functionality in outdoor environments.

Obstacle avoidance in my car must work 100% all the time

I know, laser power must be reduced due to health hazards

but how Tesla and others can claim laser lidar to offer obstacle avoidance if the power of installed laser pointer is within the same "laser in public use" limits

I am not interested in laser lidar limited for indoor use.

BTW

There are no white targets on the ground if you fly a drone.

Laser Developer said:

We test the LightWare LW20/C Lidar module outdoors to 100m on a white target as part of the standard production quality control. It is also compatible with Ardupilot.

Obstacle Avoidance sensor
    Hello, Looking for an Obstacle avoidance sensor that is compatible with Pixhawk and/or Ardupilot. Within the price range of 10,000 Indian Rupees. Des…
  • We test the LightWare LW20/C Lidar module outdoors to 100m on a white target as part of the standard production quality control. It is also compatible with Ardupilot.

LW20/C (100 m)
    <meta charset="utf-8"><meta charset="utf-8"> <p style="color: #ff9900;"><strong>Availability is<span> </span>subject to prior sale. </strong><strong>…
  • I have tested a number of Lidar distance meters and they work fine in indoor environments and fail to work in outdoor if exposed to sunlight.

http://gadgetsdeal.in/shop/quadcopter/quadcopter-parts/flight-contr...

The same problem with 10m, 20m, 100m laser distance meters

clocked 2-5Hz.

They work fine if not exposed to direct sunlight

100Hz - 200Hz - 1,000 Hz rotating lidar is affected by the same bug

not fit to obstacle avoidance in outdoor.

If you know laser lidar which is reliable in outdoor environments, exposed to direct sunlight, let me know since I build

array lidar for my car ( obstacle avoidance functionality) and what is offered on a market is lidar toy only.

BTW

If I open a shop

http://gadgetsdeal.in/shop/?product_count=45

I get page caption: Products Archive

Products Archive stays for active or not active sale offers ?

• You can use TF mini plus lidar  with hereflow which is under 10,000INR you can purchase it on Drones Gadgets

This reply was deleted.

Activity