Hi,

I need advice on what airframe to choose for Aerial photography Octa.

It will be carrying about 2.5-3.5 KG payload of gear

What are your inputs on OCTA-V versus traditional OCTA (spider shape) ?

I haven't seen many OCTA-V projects, but one is impressing.

how does it behaves being a-symmetrical, compared to a symmetrical spider-OCTA ?

doesn't the V-octa have also a-symmetrical response ? (faster response on pitch than on roll, i.e.)

Views: 4319

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello

I have a 1000mm Octo due in stock on January 15th.

Two camera mount options are available.

http://shop.carboncore.co.uk/Octo-1000-Octocopter-Multicopter

Is an Octo-V the type with four arms that split into V's? If so I can't see how these can respond properly to the changes in motor thrust as the inners arms will twist.

Attachments:

Have you seen the Octo-V-Tail setup?  Similar to an Octo-V, but the V-tail arrangement gives much better yaw response.

yes seen it,

but being mostly for yaw purpose, i'm losing the lift these 2 rotors can provide.

i need a lot of lift power...

yaw response is not THAT needed for me.

There wil be a Yaw/Pan turntable in the near future for the CarbonCore camera mounts.

How can the V setup offer more yaw rate unless the motors tilt? This only loses lift, is more mass to move and move back, all potential problems. And if the V tail design tilts, what happens if a motor cuts?

Hi ARHEXA,

i used an OktoSL frame (which i am currently selling) from there: http://www.blaui-rc.de in form of spider, because in germany (worldwide not sure) the V-Shape is patented for commercial use. My frame had payload of 3 kg if needed even with 8 motors (36/6 Motors and 13/6.5 props) I made photos with 500D as well as with the 5D MkII

The advantage of the V-shape is a big field of view with a poor yaw function due to payload not in the middle.

It offers more yaw control because the two motors on the V-Tail are heavily tilted creating lots of yaw thrust.  Yes, you lose some lift.  If you have them tilted 30°, we're only talking about 14% loss of lift from two motors?

Yes, if one of those two vtail motors fail, you're in big trouble.

Hi, this is a video of a well tuned Octa V copter for commercial AP by Skylens UK

http://flyingvideo.co.uk/gallery

Hi patrice, need some help on my Octa V build here. The set up seems to be good n got everything in order for APM1 2560 board. But it yaw to the left during take off and as i slight increased the Throttle it flip over to the left n crashed. Tried erase and reinstall the 2.7.1 firmware and re-setup everything but again there is no improvement. S.O.S.!

Hey,

Did you check the sens of variation of your command ? Throttle, Pitch, Roll, Yaw ?

Problem solved. Its the frame mode. I thought the mode already been set in the Octa V firmware 2.7.1. coz obviously its gonna be in V mode. But on the set up window it was checked as X without any V option (confused). So I tried to set it in CLI set up and all i got was INVALID COMMAND_TYPE_HELP. Managed to changed it in the Parameters List FRAME from no.1 to 2 but.. even though I saved it and reload again it will go back to FRAME no.1. It also happen when I change the config and refresh. Thanks Patrice.Cheerios!

Hi, can you please provide me information about your build, iam interested to build a octo-v.

Thanks in adnvance

KR

Mie Must said:

Hi patrice, need some help on my Octa V build here. The set up seems to be good n got everything in order for APM1 2560 board. But it yaw to the left during take off and as i slight increased the Throttle it flip over to the left n crashed. Tried erase and reinstall the 2.7.1 firmware and re-setup everything but again there is no improvement. S.O.S.!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Season Two of the Trust Time Trial (T3) Contest 
A list of all T3 contests is here. The current round, the Vertical Horizontal one, is here

© 2018   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service