OCTA-V vs traditional OCTA for AP

Hi,

I need advice on what airframe to choose for Aerial photography Octa.

It will be carrying about 2.5-3.5 KG payload of gear

What are your inputs on OCTA-V versus traditional OCTA (spider shape) ?

I haven't seen many OCTA-V projects, but one is impressing.

how does it behaves being a-symmetrical, compared to a symmetrical spider-OCTA ?

doesn't the V-octa have also a-symmetrical response ? (faster response on pitch than on roll, i.e.)

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi, can you please provide me information about your build, iam interested to build a octo-v.

Thanks in adnvance

KR

Mie Must said:

Hi patrice, need some help on my Octa V build here. The set up seems to be good n got everything in order for APM1 2560 board. But it yaw to the left during take off and as i slight increased the Throttle it flip over to the left n crashed. Tried erase and reinstall the 2.7.1 firmware and re-setup everything but again there is no improvement. S.O.S.!3692496363?profile=original

OCTA-V vs traditional OCTA for AP
    Hi, I need advice on what airframe to choose for Aerial photography Octa. It will be carrying about 2.5-3.5 KG payload of gear What are your inputs o…
  • Hi ARHEXA,

i used an OktoSL frame (which i am currently selling) from there: http://www.blaui-rc.de in form of spider, because in germany (worldwide not sure) the V-Shape is patented for commercial use. My frame had payload of 3 kg if needed even with 8 motors (36/6 Motors and 13/6.5 props) I made photos with 500D as well as with the 5D MkII

The advantage of the V-shape is a big field of view with a poor yaw function due to payload not in the middle.

• Have you seen the Octo-V-Tail setup?  Similar to an Octo-V, but the V-tail arrangement gives much better yaw response.

• Hello

I have a 1000mm Octo due in stock on January 15th.

Two camera mount options are available.

http://shop.carboncore.co.uk/Octo-1000-Octocopter-Multicopter

Is an Octo-V the type with four arms that split into V's? If so I can't see how these can respond properly to the changes in motor thrust as the inners arms will twist.

CarbonCore arbon Octocopter 1000 Multicopter Screenshot A.JPG

• Thanks for the videos, i know them :)

seems your props are smaller than 12", right ? maybe 10" ?

I'm looking for some good information on the difference between them... OCTA and OCTA V

Thanks !

• With an OCTA you cannot carry 3.5 KG !!!!! That's too much and for that you need 16 motors.

This reply was deleted.

Activity