Octokopter Video - Test Flying

Hello again all!

Just a quick video I shot yesterday with our Arducopter powered Octo, it's been flying like a dream and we've probably done over 100 great test fights with NO hassles at all. I've just did some tweaking on the camera mount and did a quick test flight yesterday, enjoy! any comments welcome please.

Testing Camera Mount from Motion Pixel on Vimeo.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I have been always a fan of diorama. Cool vid

• Developer

Sweet!

Jason

Very nicely done, very stable. And a nice bit of art besides. A few questions, to prove I liked it (that is, I'm curious, but would not be offended if you prefer to keep it secret)

The "miniature faking" effects ... are they performed on the camera, in post editing, or are they a combination of both? 

Is the lensing and darkening around the edges part of the miniature faking process, or is it independent?

The video is very smooth, is it sped up or real time or did you vary the playback speed differently at different times?

There are a few seconds where there are visible warbles, most easily seen ~50-54s; do you know what causes that?

I love the "pure" nature shots, but I also really liked the unexpected fence post @ 34s, and more fence later, and the distant shots of the mountains and tiny little bridges and roads - but the red dress dancing in the wind is a lovely contrast to the greens and yellow landscape. Glad your "actress" puts up with your hobby, and also that she made an appearance. The color contrast added a lot of value to the beauty of the clip, for me. 

This reply was deleted.

Activity