Opinion on components selection

Hello!

If there isn't too much trouble, I'd like to get opinion on components selection/combination for quadcopter.
I'm planning to buil a quadcopter for aerial photography purpose.
From what I've learned I created this components list:

Total weight with camera mounted is expected at around 2600g. I'd like quad to fly for at least 10 minutes, preferably 15 or even more.
The goal not to exceed 500€ is reached with this combination. I've also done some calculations with eCalc and they seem good.

What I'd like to know: Is this combination any good, will this quadcopter fly and for how long? Thank you for your answers and opinion.

Best regards, Blaž Vidmar

eCalc.JPG

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I wouldnt bother with the radios unless you actually want autonomous flight. When you first start out theres a lot to learn and its best to start simple. It will take you a while before you can fly manually and have everything setup just right. Adding radios adds more complexity which you dont need at the start.

• 15 or 15.5 inch propeller, then you have more thrust reserve and hovering about 50% or less.

Bigger frame also.

• Developer
    You can post ecalc links that others can play with... There's a generate link in the bottom left corner of the screen. It just populates the layout, but does not effect your version
This reply was deleted.

Activity